U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM

8,224 posts, read 14,918,804 times

Advertisements

seaweed is food for sea creatures but the tides and waves unfortunately toss it onto the beaches. Even so, seaweed is good for humans - it's nutrient rich - and considered a delicacy in many countries. It's also used as vitamin supplements and a fantastic way to enrich a garden.

Most beaches are cleaned of the kelp/seaweed, especially after a storm or violent weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM

963 posts, read 1,522,593 times
Sorry, I should have added a sarcasm marker to my post. I love my picture, though, because that seaweed washed ashore in less than an hour, as if the ocean had vomited. I'm sure it decayed quickly in the sun and the wind, or rain, took it away.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Status: "I'm travelling at the speed of light." (set 6 days ago)

1,233 posts, read 606,825 times
With all the whining in this thread I wonder how some people ever get out of their house at all. My then maybe they don't.....

I don't like the typical beach holiday for a different reason. I love the ocean, the sights, sounds and smells of it, I love swimming or taking long hikes along the beach. What I strongly dislike is lying out in the sun totally inactive. It is supposed to be relaxing, but to me it is simply boring. I like to be out and about, spending a vacation flat on my back with eyes closed sounds like a waste of time. I can endure it for a couple hours at most.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:19 AM

2,563 posts, read 2,787,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk February View Post
Unfortunately women seem to love it, but I hate it.

Every time I hear about someones dream vacation its always some island or sandy beach. But to I loathe the beach and think its disgusting. Its humid, it smells like dead fish, sand gets everywhere, the waters salty, theres creepy fish around you that might bite you, its crowded, fish use that water as a toilet, etc. I much prefer vacationing in the mountains or a nice city. Even a place like Lake Tahoe where the water is fresh and has no creepy fish in it.
Just because you go to the beach doesn't mean you have to swim in the water. Just chill out and look at all the girls... Maybe take a book to read.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM

11,659 posts, read 6,266,537 times
I love the beach. Don't necessarily like swimming in the ocean, but I love being on the beach. There is something about the smell of sea water that does something to me!

Old 12-31-2015, 04:43 AM

32,055 posts, read 32,950,797 times
I am not a great fan of the beach as I don't like getting full of sand. But I don't mind walking on a boardwalk with a view of the beach.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:44 PM

5,745 posts, read 4,161,305 times
I don't mind walking on the beach or looking at the view along the shores, but I don't like sand on me.

I also find the beach chairs at resorts so VERY uncomfortable. I've resorted a few times to dragging a chair from the lobby or a restaurant down to the beach so I can sit and enjoy it.

I'm not one to enjoy swimming any more unless I need to cool off... then I go into the pool at resorts usually. (don't dive under because of the yucky things in the water)

Old 01-02-2016, 12:23 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
Beaches are boring. I never vacation on a stupid beach. Completely waste of money. I might as well lie on my bed.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:26 PM

24,965 posts, read 23,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Beaches are boring. I never vacation on a stupid beach. Completely waste of money. I might as well lie on my bed.
If you don't do anything when you're there, I imagine it is boring.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:50 AM

2,563 posts, read 2,787,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Sometimes, people need a break from the rat race. The beach can be just what they need. Of course, not all beaches are created equal. And it can matter WHEN you go. For example, if you're looking for peace and quiet, stay away from Venice Beach over the 4th of July.

For me, when I'm at a beach resort, I'm only at the beach part of the day. Maybe early afternoon for a few hours. The rest of the time, I find something else to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel