U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 01:21 PM

25 posts, read 54,476 times

Advertisements

I take 10 mg of Lisinopril for high blood pressure everyday. I am going to be doing a lot of traveling soon and will be flying on airplanes, driving in cars, walking around, etc. Is it necessary to put a cotton ball or something else in my prescription bottle with the medication to make sure the pills don't move around and break? Is this even necessary? I just want to make sure the pills stay safe and don't break, melt, etc. I was planning on just taking the Lisinopril pills in the prescription bottle as they are and not dealing with cotton balls or anything else, so if you have any advice or reasons on why this is a bad idea, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,417,973 times
Hi. I always travel with my meds in bottles with no cotton or anything else, and it never seems to hurt anything. I don't think it's necessary, but hey, it wouldn't hurt, either.

Have you thought about having your doctor prepare a letter listing all the meds you will have with you just in case you are questioned? I plan to do that the next time I take off on one of my jaunts.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,281,960 times
I travel frequently and have never put cotton balls in the prescription bottle. You should be fine as long as you keep your meds in your carry-on or your purse. I cannot see what they would break. Do not put them in checked luggage. Also, I keep mine in the prescription bottle, but when I'm out of the country, I often get a prescription from my doctor--just in case.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM

21,380 posts, read 24,159,037 times
I use Ezy-Dose pill pouches (little baggies) and just carry what I need, plus a few extra, for each script. They sell them at Walgreens. I also have my pharmicist print me labels for these baggies. Saves alot of room in the carry-ons and no explanations for TSA.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 PM

5,189 posts, read 13,382,647 times
It won't "melt" and normal jostling won't break the pills (hubby is on it, too!)....put them in either a daily planner container, or keep them in the Rx bottle....Never put Rx's into checked bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel