U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM

14,264 posts, read 24,013,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Southwest allows you to pay to get group A so that you don't have to run to your iPhone or laptop to check in 24 hours before.

As far as the carry ons go, I have to say I've never had an issue finding space near my seat. Our last flight, we were moved up to an earlier flight. It was 15 minutes before takeoff and everyone has already boarded. We were the last ones to board on a full, San Diego bound flight. We still found a lot of room for both of our carry ons. It seems that more and more are checking bags for whatever reason.
You GENERALLY never have much problem with carry-on bags on Southwest. Since the first two bags are checked free, most people avail themselves of that service and carry on light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM

13,107 posts, read 24,905,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Unfortunately, by the time the people get to their gate, it is too late. Security officials should not allow people with gigantic bags to pass through. I understand that's not their job, but that's the only way to stop this nonsense. There was a guy with 3 huge bags on one of our last flights...a duffel bag, a huge backpack and a rolling carry-on. He bragged on board how security let him through without any issues and took up a lot of overhead space just for himself.
I've seen bags gate checked because there was NO overhead room left.
Last time I flew BA about 10 years ago they had little box at end of ramp..if your carry on didn't fit...gate checked
Why the hell would anyone want to cart all those bags around the terminal while their waiting anyway??? If you're alone do you cart em all into the rest room with you??

My feeling is if you're travelling and $15 to check a bag is an issue you more than likely shouldn't be travelling

Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,995,331 times
You know what? When I flew Jet Blue a few years ago the attendants kept a watchful eye on boarders and helped keep the stowing of luggage coordinated with the seating as much as possible. They also switched the luggages around so they'd fit inside the compartments better. It proved to me that it CAN be done, and I was impressed. There is absolutely no reason that the rest of the airlines can't do the same.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM

336 posts, read 836,580 times
Yes, on most planes "wheels first" people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or