U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM

1,856 posts, read 5,917,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Criminal charges have been filed against the flight attendant.
I'm willing to bet that criminal charges will be dropped after the mental evaluation.

This guy is going to get a long paid vacation, and then he will get his job back.

I'm saying that as an airline employee that has seen people go crazy, and get their job back on more than one occasion. We always say that if the crazy guy hits you, make sure that you flop on the floor, and pee yourself. The company will have to pay because they knew he was crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:28 AM

12,818 posts, read 8,983,969 times
If you're going to quit a job and go out with a "bang" that's the way to do it!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 AM

13,328 posts, read 30,118,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
he's definitely in the wrong - the passenger should be banned from jet blue flights as well though
EXACTLY.
Another article about the incident.
Apparently the FA "grabbed two beers from the galley" before his dramatic exit.
With all the attention showered on the flight attendant, I hope some dribbles over on to the *#$% who just could not stay seated.
Still more

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,564,319 times
SouthRange is exactly right. The Union will back this guy and he will be evaluated and possibly get his job back.

What he did is wrong. Period. If a person can't handle the stress of the job, they need to find another job. And this job can be very, very stressful. We deal with obnoxious people on a regular basis. They often think the rules don't apply to them. They ignore/ break the rules frequently (especially the ones about electronic devices/cell phones, etc) People: THERE IS A REASON THOSE RULES ARE IN PLACE! They are for YOUR safety and the safety of those around you.

This FA clearly snapped. Blowing a slide on purpose, cursing on the PA, even taking the beer are all reasons for dismissal. Will he get his job back? Stay tuned.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 AM

7,989 posts, read 8,157,435 times
Maybe he was just a person who had , had enough of peoples whinning and complaining and tantrums and finally just decided to have one hisself . Sometimes people can only take so much until they are fed up you know ? I know sometimes people make me want to blow my top sometimes but I try and control it . I hope everything turns out okay for this guy .

Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM

10,964 posts, read 15,562,793 times
way to go Steve..you are my hero

Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 3,630,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post

This guy is going to get a long paid vacation, and then he will get his job back.
I'm saying that as an airline employee that has seen people go crazy, and get their job back on more than one occasion.
Great Nice to know there's more than one of these crazies out there flying on the planes. These are the people we count on in an emergency situation to keep their heads level anddirect the rest of us to do what needs to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
SouthRange is exactly right. The Union will back this guy and he will be evaluated and possibly get his job back.
I have never worked in a union environment so I don't understand how this is possible. If the airlines fires him what can the union do? Are they going to have everyone strike over one guy? (One CRAZY guy at that?) I would think the other FAs would be glad to have him gone. No one wants to work with a ticking timebomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Maybe he was just a person who had , had enough of peoples whinning and complaining and tantrums and finally just decided to have one hisself .
Oh, well that makes it OK then. Applying that logic to pilots, school bus drivers, and emergency response personel would lead to some really terrifying situations.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM

1,856 posts, read 5,917,840 times
JetBlue is non union, but it won't matter. Human relations, and mental health laws come into play here.

It will take about a year, but this guy will have his job back. You can't fire crazy people.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM

207 posts, read 321,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
A blown slide costs about 60 thousand dollars per airplane.

Cussing out the passengers will get you fired. Blowing a slide will get you fired. Doing them both at the same time is genius for saving your job. That combination will get you a section 8.

Human relations will get involved. Mental evaluations will be performed. He will be labeled a nut, and the company will pay his wages, pay for his treatment, and then have a position saved for him when he is considered fit to work again. He will then be an untouchable with a "Klinger" letter in his file.
Perfect analysis!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:36 AM

10,964 posts, read 15,562,793 times
In videos I've seen he has a nasty bruise/bump on his forehead, is that from the chute or the bimbo passengers luggage that hit him in the head?? If the latter she should be arrested as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel