Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times

Advertisements

We generally like all the museums we visit although we might finish as much as 90 minutes apart. That is why we carry a book and plan for a place to meet when we are done at the museum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 06:24 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,635 times
I've yet to meet a person who is perfect, everyone has their flaws.

If that is all he does consider yourself blessed ...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
My wife and I rarely travel together as we have very little in the way of common interests.

But, after nearly 40 years of marriage, it's no big deal any more. Why? Because we've learned to put our egos aside and accept each other as we are, not as we'd like each other to be.

Maybe you should quit fighting who he is and go off on your own, separate vaction with like-minded friends.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Life is too short, soak in the moments.
I myself like to spend a lot of time at tourist spots knowing that I may not get the chance to re-visit again. My wife does the same. Sometimes we take a coffee break then come back to enjoy the experience some more.
Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
We're fairly compatible.
I love history, but we both love architecture and natural beauty, and often we get all three together.

Not all museums are the same. Some are barely more than tourist traps, while others are enthralling. We did spend an entire day at the Memorial (Peace Museum) in Caen, France.

But I wouldn't do that at every single place I visit, and I don't blame the OP for being impatient. You could always split up every now and then, and do a solo thing yourself. When you are by yourself, you answer to nobody's schedule but your own. I don't see why every traveling couple must be joined at the hip at all times.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I don't see why every traveling couple must be joined at the hip at all times.
Love my husband but he would have to be since he would get fairly lost in a new place. He gets lost in our city and we were both born and raised there! Oy!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:27 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,470,904 times
We are a bit different than most couples-HE is the shopper, I like to fish. We usually travel together since we also enjoy many of the same things. But several times we traveled with another couple. We separated for one day. My husband and the other couple's wife shopped for souvenirs while I and my friend's husband chartered a fishing boat. We met at the end of the day for dinner. Eveyone is happy!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
We usually travel together and for the most part we do well together. We enjoy the same things. The only way in which we differ is his love of gardens. He's a plant and flower guy and if he had his way, we would stop at every garden we passed. I enjoy going to one or two, but after a while I get bored. I am usually agreeable to going, but when the kids were small he would bore them to death. Now that its just the two of us most of the time, I usually just go along for the ride. I'm okay with it unless its really hot outside. The last thing I want to do is wander aimlessly for hours in the heat looking at 1,000 different varieties of the same plant. After a while I stop enjoying natures beauty, and just want some air conditioning. If we are on a short trip, just a few days, I allow him one day for garden tours, and then we try to see as many other sights as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel