U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 AM
 
512 posts, read 696,577 times
Reputation: 266

Advertisements

^^ Polish cemetery, it's on Montecassino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2010, 09:59 AM
 
512 posts, read 696,577 times
Reputation: 266
Maybe another rule should be that the picture should be from your own profile. thoughts?





Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
 
8,270 posts, read 6,155,489 times
Reputation: 4607
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Got it, nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,023 posts, read 9,933,482 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
^^ Polish cemetery, it's on Montecassino

OOOOO! I guess we'll have to pick much, much more out of the way places!

Of course, you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,023 posts, read 9,933,482 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
Maybe another rule should be that the picture should be from your own profile. thoughts?





That won't work for me as I'm an old dinosaur who doesn't have off-site photo storage. Pictures belong in a shoe box, not on a computer file at flickr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
 
512 posts, read 696,577 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
That won't work for me as I'm an old dinosaur who doesn't have off-site photo storage. Pictures belong in a shoe box, not on a computer file at flickr.
no problem. just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,023 posts, read 9,933,482 times
Reputation: 7399
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
no problem. just a thought

By the way, is that picture you posted above in California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 PM
 
512 posts, read 696,577 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
By the way, is that picture you posted above in California?
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 PM
 
20,334 posts, read 16,609,173 times
Reputation: 14432
Couple of other points to ponder, the poster of the picture should confirm a guess as right or wrong before the guesser moves on to the next pic as i've noticed on other forums with similar topics people assuming they made a correct guess then posting a new pic and the topic ends up with half a dozen unguessed pics and confusion abounds at which pic some one is referring to when trying to guess.
Also if a picture is too generic no ones ever going to guess where it is and the game gets hung up, current pic is a good example = rocky shore line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2010, 02:45 PM
 
512 posts, read 696,577 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Couple of other points to ponder, the poster of the picture should confirm a guess as right or wrong before the guesser moves on to the next pic as i've noticed on other forums with similar topics people assuming they made a correct guess then posting a new pic and the topic ends up with half a dozen unguessed pics and confusion abounds at which pic some one is referring to when trying to guess.
Also if a picture is too generic no ones ever going to guess where it is and the game gets hung up, current pic is a good example = rocky shore line?
i think your first rule is a good one.
however, my picture should be pretty obvious just examine the coast line. i'm sure someone is going to guess it rather quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top