U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,412,991 times

Advertisements

Thank you, OP, for relating your traumatic experience, and let's all remember that trauma is in the eye of the beholder. If what she went through caused her pain and distress, then she was traumatized.

Speaking from the vantage point of being a retired flight attendant with an international airline for five years with over three million air miles under my belt, I can state emphatically that I will never fly again commercially unless it is a dire emergency that I cannot avoid. I'll scrape up the money to charter a small plane, take the train or bus, or freaking hitchhike before I will subject myself to this kind of abuse.

Until the airlines are hit collectively in the bottom line sufficiently to scare their accountants, passengers will continue to be at the mercy of these ill-trained and poorly vetted thugs who get their jollies feeling up innocent people under the guise of "doing their job," actions that would otherwise land them in jail for assault.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 11:26 AM

8,999 posts, read 15,499,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
TSA agents are educated losers + many are perverts.

Its too bad the op didnt slap that tsa agent into tomorrow.

TSA is nothing but idiots.
I meant to say uneducated losers.

TSA is totally out of control but the the docile passengers continue to take it & the govt supports the punk thugs @ TSA.

TSA: Contact The Transportation Security Administration
http://www.tsa.gov/contact/index.shtm

Last edited by steel7; 11-14-2010 at 11:45 AM..

Old 11-14-2010, 05:48 PM

1,271 posts, read 1,561,753 times
Default Thanks...

Thought this thread had died, but then I see it got revived with all the news in the headlines!

You really can't imagine what this is like until you experience it for yourself. The whole time I waited for my personal groping, the strident-voiced TSA critter continued to screech - OPT OUT - I NEED A FEMALE PATTED DOWN - over and over and over.

Now the news is awash with these stories and I'm glad to see it.

Rose

Old 11-14-2010, 06:46 PM

318 posts, read 661,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Also, the images are not saved on any device whatsoever, so it's not like they'll see everything as if you were naked. There's only a vague outline of the clothes and it highlights anything that its image pattern recognition thinks may be dangerous. Everything else is blacked out.
Go ahead and blindly trust your government. Some of us choose not to. Do you trust your electronic voting machine? I hope not.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:16 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,518,102 times
I will NEVER take a plane if this what I might be subjected to...only in the event that I have to go overseas (which hasn't happened so far). Sorry that you had to endure a terrible experience, Rosemary. I would have also felt violated from the pat-downs and livid that the hundreds of dollars I spent on my personal electronics were left unattended. Personally, I'd rather take the Amtrak or a Greyhound or drive a vehicle...I get to see new places and avoid the security hassle.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 PM

5,029 posts, read 11,687,581 times
A guy from San Diego refused to go through the scanner on Saturday and recorded the voice portion of the pat down procedure on his cell phone. It's all over the web! He wasn't allowed on the flight and instead went back home. We're flying this week and next, and I absolutely refuse to step foot in one of those. We'll see how that goes!

This sounds more like something that would be overheard at a club than airport (unless you're Larry Craig!)

"I'm also going to be doing a groin check, which means that I'm going to place my hand on your hip and one hand on your inner thigh, slowly go up and then slide down. I'm going to do that two times in the front and two times in the back," the cell phone recording said.

What I'm wondering is how he had a cell phone in his pocket in the first place. My husband flies several times a month through SAN and always refuses the machine. He said they make him remove everything from his pockets before the molestation, I mean pat down, begins!

TSA Scanner: Passenger refuses to go through TSA scanner, posts conversation online - KSWB

Old 11-15-2010, 07:07 AM

3,067 posts, read 7,137,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
The whole time I waited for my personal groping, the strident-voiced TSA critter continued to screech - OPT OUT - I NEED A FEMALE PATTED DOWN - over and over and over.
This is generally what has happened every time I have opted out. They will screech for 10 minutes, make you wait another 10 for a same sex groper...basically trying to wear you down so you'll say F it and just get scanned. I refuse to buy into their game so I just keep showing up extra early so I have time for my groper to arrive.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,911,166 times
From the article:
"Passengers who decline to be screened by the technology will receive alternative screening to include a thorough pat-down. Anyone who refuses to complete the screening process will be denied access to the secure area and could be subject to a civil penalty,'' Allen told CNS.

What the hell? So now refusing the security procedure could net you a 'civil penalty'? Are they going to fine or sue people who don't go through security?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM

1,271 posts, read 1,561,753 times
Quote:
Are they going to fine or sue people who don't go through security?
According to Tyner's account, YES, they are.

I'm telling you - The TSA is out of control. It's a governmental agency gone completely nuts.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 AM

8,999 posts, read 15,499,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
From the article:
"Passengers who decline to be screened by the technology will receive alternative screening to include a thorough pat-down. Anyone who refuses to complete the screening process will be denied access to the secure area and could be subject to a civil penalty,'' Allen told CNS.

What the hell? So now refusing the security procedure could net you a 'civil penalty'? Are they going to fine or sue people who don't go through security?
Its a 10k fine.

The procedures at the airports are out of control.

PROFILING SHOULD COME BACK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel