Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times

Advertisements

I like to travel, and visit countries that are considered developing. The dollar goes farther, and I enjoy the places...good and bad.

However, the last places on my list to visit (which is very long) are the UK, France, and Germany. Don't really have the desire to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM

720 posts, read 3,007,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I like to travel, and visit countries that are considered developing. The dollar goes farther, and I enjoy the places...good and bad.

However, the last places on my list to visit (which is very long) are the UK, France, and Germany. Don't really have the desire to go there.
Germany, France, UK are not developing countries so maybe thats why you have no desire to see them.

I'm with you, Europe does nothing for me, never been but have no desire to go.

I like developing countries in warm climates. Jamaica is my favorite but south and central america are cool too. I have no desire to go to Africa.

New York, Boston and LA are all pretty popular destinations that dont intrigue me in the least.

Just curious, have you ever watched the show locked up abroad? Its an awesome show but all the countries the incidents happen in our the countries you and I seem to like...lol

Also, just curious, have you been to Nicaragua? I havn't but thats the next place on my list.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post

Colorado, Alaska and the Grand Canyon are the first ones on my list.

As far as international travel, I am not particularly interested in Scandinavian countries, or the Netherlands. If I were spending my money to go someplace it would be where the culture is vastly different, not where the standard of living and culture is similar to the US.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,565,402 times
I would go to almost anywhere I haven't been before so I could see for myself what it is like... Except the bits of mainland China I missed out on previous trips....
I can't understand not wanting to visit the whole of Europe... the countries are so different. Scotland and Italy for example are poles apart....

I rarely want to go back to places I've already been to - because there are so many more places to experience, and some because they were so great the first time.... Most of Australia was a disappointment so I have no desire to visit the remainder...

Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Lots of Africa I wouldn't want to go to but I wouldn't reject it as a continent as some of the South African countries are supposed to be stunning.... My husband raves about his trips to Namibia.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post

I'm with you, Europe does nothing for me, never been but have no desire to go.
That's quite possibly the most ignorant statement on this board! Europe is not a country, it's a continent. France is very different from Poland which is very different from Sweden. Every single country offers something different. To categorize the entire continent as one is purely ignorant, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
I would go to almost anywhere I haven't been before so I could see for myself what it is like.

I can't understand not wanting to visit the whole of Europe... the countries are so different. Scotland and Italy for example are poles apart....
I couldn't agree more! I'd go anywhere, if the opportunity arose. I hate threads like this. Naming a destination you have no desire to visit AGAIN because your first experience wasn't great is one thing. But to discount an entire continent/country/city simply because of what you heard about it or what you think it's like? That's pure ignorance. Travel, see the world and maybe, just maybe, your favorite new destination will be one you're trying hard to avoid.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
I have little to no interest in France, China or places like Jamaica or Bahamas.

Germany and Turkey top my list of places I want to visit.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 PM

I never had a desire to go to Australia but we lived in Hong Kong and my husband had a 6 week holiday to take in one hit so we thought we would go and visit every city in Australia whilst it was so close....
Am am so glad we did because whilst I wouldn't want to go back and there were elements that were just dull, I have many great memories from the trip. Having dinner outside watching the sunset at Ayers Rock, cuddling Kangaroos near Brisbane, excellent seafood at the outdoor market in Sydney, Red Bull Air Race in Perth.....

Sure there are places lower down on my list than others but never say never.......

Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
I have zero interest in going to any enclave-type of westernized resort, such as Cancun or those tacky hedonism resorts scattered around the Caribbean.

If you stay some place which insulates you from the natives and which recreates what you left at home, what good is it going to foreign countries? You never see them anyhow!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
NYC, LA, Chicago, Taipei, Bangkok, Mexico City ... (I don't do 'traffic')

LV, Bermuda, Jamaica, Hawaii (I don't do 'tourists')

Anything Rainy-r than home (120" of drizzle / yr) (I don't do dreary weeping clouds)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel