Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
...and $55k. Of course, to actually land a job with an airline coarrying passengers it will take years. Either way, I think there is a strong incentive for pilots not to risk their license smuggling a few ounces of drugs. No need ot search pilots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 01:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
belive me when i say this there is other ways to run a system to do the check and balances of the security of the boarding a airline plus keeping the bad guys out of the air ..the Israel security service people seam to be able to do a job with out beening that bad about there job for they had years of doing there job to make sure the bad guys do stay out off the plane ..they do a great job in the area of beening able to get the job done without steping on people toes that the way the tsa does
They do their job best because the passengers expect that heavy handed security regime for their protection. Passengers would never complain like Americans about back scans or sniffer dogs, full body cavity searches. They undergo a background security check prior to flight that makes US no-fly procedures look like a casual glance by a sleeping watchman. You do not have a right to complain about their security procedures and they don't care about your complaining. The passenegers don't complain and whine like Americans, they accept it, however harsh or disruoptive. That is the system they want and will not give up for their flying safety.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
...and $55k. Of course, to actually land a job with an airline coarrying passengers it will take years. Either way, I think there is a strong incentive for pilots not to risk their license smuggling a few ounces of drugs. No need ot search pilots.
Depends on the market, 3-4 years ago guys were getting hired 3-4 months out of that program. 300-400 tt

Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Depends on the market, 3-4 years ago guys were getting hired 3-4 months out of that program. 300-400 tt
Really? I did not know that. Most of the pilots I know ended up as instructors for quite a while while trying to get a job with an airline. Only 300-400 tt? I have that much, although I don't have the advanced ratings. I never considred being a pilot for a career. To me the fun of flying is not having to follow a schedule and just being able to go where I want when I want. Of course, getting paid might be nice.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
An exempted pilot would make pretty good money flying but DAMN good money smuggling drugs. Just because they dont have a bomb doesnt mean they aren't doing other things...
I think you don't understand the purpose of security screening. TSA security searches are not designed, and it is not within their mandate, to screen for illegal activity such as drug smuggling. You can freely pack a kilo into your carryon or on your person, neither the xrays nor the scanners not the bomb sniffers will pick that up as a suspicious object. Even the simplest method of disguise can get drugs past them in a physical search. They are looking for metals and liquids, cetain chemicals...not powders, plants, and crystalized substances.

Customs officials and police are charged with that area of enforcement and it is them that have the tools and training to find the drugs, not Barney at the security checkpoint.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-26-2010 at 01:20 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon
pilot-refuses-full-body-scan-says-tsa-doesnt-make-travel-safer

What the hell are the thinking they are going to find when searching the pilot? If a pilot wants to bring a plane down he doesn't need a bomb.
No he doesnt.... But this is what happens when you know your doing BAD STUFF,you assume everyone else is also!! (Shows your guilt more than anything)

Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The reason 9/11 happened was because security was so light. Body scans are optional , its not like its a big deal you can refuse it.. but honestly it isnt THAT BAD.
Actually 9/11 happened because of the policies in place at the time. The cockpit crew was encouraged to go along with the hijackers so as to not make things worse. Today that would never happen.

Just fortifying the cockpit doors has eliminated the threat that occurred on 9/11 - NOTHING ELSE! Also if someone were to try and hijack an aircraft today, other passengers would jump him before he could even get to the cockpit. Likewise that also has nothing to do with the security in place on 9/11.

Finally box cutters were allowed on 9/11 so whether it was the TSA or a private security firm, they would have been allowed.

As to the body scans, not going to happen. I refuse to have my body exposed to unnecessary radiation and I refuse to let some asshat sitting in a booth look at me virtually strip searched. If it comes down to the nude-o-scope or not flying, I will not fly everytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel