Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:27 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

I dunno, when I first read this my initial reaction was the airline was big time at fault....however, even though, the agent could have given them 10 minutes, instead of 2, what were they doing showing up at the gate 20 minutes before a flight anyway?

ttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=alaska+airlines+hates+fam ilies&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CU5jjCmnYTPy3NIPu MNT9jIALAAAAqgQFT9CFWqM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 02:31 PM

First link didn't come up, here's a better one....

Baby (http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Baby+diaper+blowout+costs+Albert+couple+their+plan e+seats/3792122/story.html - broken link)

Old 11-08-2010, 02:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Sounds like an inexperienced flyer... the airline was simply following regulations, at least for the rules of USA. If you are too late to get on the airplane that is your own fault, they were offered to fly standby, why didn't they take that? It sounds to me like they expected themselves to be a special case and then make a big deal about something that would happen to any other person in USA. They should be happy the received vouchers, I've missed plenty of flights and flown standby on a few occasions without problem, and I've also been told I will have to pay up the ass for a new ticket .. so I switched airlines, but I didnt take that to the news, I realized I screwed up.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:03 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Team Airline, not sure why this is even newsworthy. Given that they were coming back from their shot-gun wedding in Vegas with their 8-month old baby, one could potentially presume that this family's planning may not be stellar all around.

However, the poopy diaper should have nothing to do with this. The true issue is whether or not they should have just boarded with a poopy diaper or gone to the bathroom. Because no matter what the explosion could have happened at the last minute whether they were late or not. And, by that reasoning, why did they need to use the airport washroom? If the explosion happened 20 minutes later, they would have been on the plane, no choice to go to the airport bathroom.

If they had been early they likely would have been on the plane already when the explosion occurred. Inconvenient, sure, but they wouldn't have missed their flight. They wouldn't be the first parents in the world to change a poopy diaper in an airplane restroom.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Seeing how I've heard a few stoires about people changing diapers, in flight, on tray tables, and put the diaper in the seat pocket.....? Maybe they literally could have done it in their seat.....lol

Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Seeing how I've heard a few stoires about people changing diapers, in flight, on tray tables, and put the diaper in the seat pocket.....? Maybe they literally could have done it in their seat.....lol
thats disgusting! there are baby changing tables in the bathrooms...

Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
there are baby changing tables in the bathrooms...
Correct. They should've gotten on the plane. One head to the seats and one head to the bathroom. This is one reason the Airlines have early boardings for people carrying babies. Being late is one thing, but who in their right mind gives a baby a meal large enough to cause a poop so bad that it shoots out of the diaper (must've been cloth).

Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
(must've been cloth).
If it was cloth, it would never happen. And given how these people are (late for the plane, shotgun wedding in Vegas with baby in tow), I'm doubting they would be coordinated enough to pull off remembering to bring all the cloth diapering supplies when tossing a chemical sposie is much easier for them.

Every single one of my friends and my sister use cloth and they have never had a blow-out. My sister used disposables with her son for the first 8 month and always had blow outs. She finally took my advice and started using cloth and couldn't believe the difference. She now has a 3 month old daughter as well and has been using cloth from day 1 without issues. Disposables suck and are filled with chemicals, not so much with cloth.

It's 2010, cloth diapering has come a very long way with tons of different designs and types that will surely work for everyone if they just give it a try.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
It's 2010, cloth diapering has come a very long way with tons of different designs and types that will surely work for everyone if they just give it a try.
That takes more effort than most parents will do.

I bought some cloth diapers for a recent first-time mother. I had to explain what they were. Father liked them a lot ... especially when the baby spits up and now misses his $50 shirt.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
That takes more effort than most parents will do.

I bought some cloth diapers for a recent first-time mother. I had to explain what they were. Father liked them a lot ... especially when the baby spits up and now misses his $50 shirt.
There really is no effort, it's so simple to use. By cloth diaper, do you mean you bought things that look like pieces of cloth and people use as spit pads? Because that's not what I'm referring to. Those are inserts for the actual diapers. There are pockets, all in ones, prefolds, fitted and many many others to choose from. Bum Genius, FuzziBunz and G diapers are the most popular brands. Not only are they really cute, they are extremely easy to use.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel