Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 07:11 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
30, 34...same thing basically. If you can make 34, you can make 30. And, it's always been more in our case since we always arrive earlier than expected. 20 is pushing it...unless your connection is in Bozeman or something, where the entire airport is one mile. I know ATL, EWR and JFK require slightly longer connection times, due to their sizes (60 for international). Which is why I was shocked to see 36 minutes on our LAX connection this Wednesday.
As long as your flight is within the same terminal, you probably would not have to go through security ... If it's another airline then you would have to go through the checkpoints. I guess as a frequent flyer, you would likely have already known this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 07:11 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
30, 34...same thing basically. If you can make 34, you can make 30.
No, claiming your husband has a connection under 30 minutes every week, then two posts later saying it is in fact 34 minutes is what it is, exaggerating to try to make a point. You knew what it was, but you decided to fib a little.

Happens to the best (and worst) of us.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
As long as your flight is within the same terminal, you probably would not have to go through security ... If it's another airline then you would have to go through the checkpoints. I guess as a frequent flyer, you would likely have already known this.
You do not have to go through security again, regardless of which terminal you land/where you next flight is. The terminals all connect. If that wasn't the case, no one would make connections. So if I fly to NYC via say Chicago and land in Terminal 1 and take off from Terminal 2, no security checkpoint necessary.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
We've lost a lot because of 9/11 but do we want another 9/11 because we refuse to cooperate with the TSA?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
We've lost a lot because of 9/11 but do we want another 9/11 because we refuse to cooperate with the TSA?
The only thing we are losing is our freedom (see the 4th Amendment) against unreasonable search and seizure. Not everyone is going to be scanned or "patted down" and cargo is still not being searched as rigorously. Dogs would have been cheaper and much more effective and less of an invasion of our privacy. Carry on with your illusions of safety but I am not flying until they do away with the current new procedures.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:09 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
The only thing we are losing is our freedom (see the 4th Amendment) against unreasonable search and seizure.
Seeing as how people have been trying to board airplanes with explosives in their shoes and underwear it it hardly unreasonable to search people boarding a plane.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
You do not have to go through security again, regardless of which terminal you land/where you next flight is. The terminals all connect. If that wasn't the case, no one would make connections. So if I fly to NYC via say Chicago and land in Terminal 1 and take off from Terminal 2, no security checkpoint necessary.
To go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 at Ohare don't you have to leave security and go back through?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I did not realize that LAX had connecting terminals but then again, I've never connected at LAX as it is my home airport. Don't know anything about JFK or Chicago but I do know that Phoenix Skyharbor requires you to leave the secured area entirely to connect to a plane departing in a different terminal. That was not a FUN connection and I try to ensure that whenever feasible, my connections are within the same terminal.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Seeing as how people have been trying to board airplanes with explosives in their shoes and underwear it it hardly unreasonable to search people boarding a plane.
So if the next person tries to board a plane with explosives up their butt, would you be willing to undergo a butt check by TSA?

Do you even have first-hand knowledge of your own experience going through a security enhanced "pat down" since the new measures have been put to place? Why are Americans presumed guilty until proven innocent as far as airport security measures are concerned? Why don't you read up on the 4th Amendment of our Constitution and get back with us about how legit these searches are?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:30 PM

For the record, I had no issues with the previous TSA security measures but these new procedures are an invasion of American's rights to privacy. NO ONE has the rights to place their hands on my private areas just so I can board a stupid plane! Please don't tell me to just go through the scanner as the TSA's are NOT properly trained to run radioactive equipment. I'm not about to go through those things and have our incompetent government say ten years down the line "OOOPS ... We were wrong about the safety of these machines" after seeing an increase in cancer cases!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel