Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 AM

30 posts, read 84,988 times

Advertisements

In a hotel right now, it takes a long time for the water to go down the bathtub, wasn't like this when I came, I think the reason might be cause I use a lot of shaving cream when I shave. Are they going to charge me for this? I paid 1,000 for 7 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:52 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
No. Actually you should call them and complain when you were at the hotel "Dudes, fix your drains".

Anyways - shaving cream disolves in water, how can then clog drains?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM

30 posts, read 84,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No. Actually you should call them and complain when you were at the hotel "Dudes, fix your drains".

Anyways - shaving cream disolves in water, how can then clog drains?

cause I use so much on my face that it just drops lol, I have to use a lot or I get cut easily

Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Fill Tub up with the hottest water you can then let it go down drain. Any soap/cream thats in the trap should go down with it.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Report it to the desk. Tell them that you hope you didn't cause it, but you did use a lot of shaving cream. Sound apologetic for being a bother.

If you paid for the room with a credit card, you can protest if they try to charge you. Document the circumstances, on paper, right now. In fact, a printout of this thread will stand up in your defense, as evidence that any damage to hotel property was clearly not a result of your negligence or intent.

Hotels know at first glance who their potentially destructive clients are and who are not. Do you look like one?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times
If you were to turn on the shower and then empty the entire can of shaving cream into the shower I have my doubts if it would cause any kind of clog. More likely, the problem is being caused by a build up of hair in the drain or even possibly a clogged vent pipe. It is also possible the plumbing of the hotel simply can not handle the volume of water draining during peak times. All I would do is first make sure the drain lever is all the way in the open position, then if that was not the problem, call the front desk and have them send someone up to look at it. Even if it was something you caused (not likely), unless they can show you did it intentionally, they will not charge you. Hotels avoid bad publicity whenever possible.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynaldes View Post
In a hotel right now, it takes a long time for the water to go down the bathtub, wasn't like this when I came, I think the reason might be cause I use a lot of shaving cream when I shave. Are they going to charge me for this? I paid 1,000 for 7 days.
Dude (or dudette), seriously? You're posting on City-Data asking for help with this problem? We're flattered you thought of us, really, but you need to be a little more assertive and handle the problem. You paid for the room. If things aren't right you need to complain. Are you new to America? It's like the one thing we still lead the world in: complaining! "The customer is always right" was invented here.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Call the desk...tell them to clear your drains! Shaving cream shouldn't clog up anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel