U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM

3,644 posts, read 5,642,471 times

Advertisements

Documents Reveal TSA Research Proposal To Body-Scan Pedestrians, Train Passengers - Andy Greenberg - The Firewall - Forbes

TSA denies their plans to add train and subway passengers to the list of people tyeh irradiate and/or grope but these documents seem to indicate otherwise. I wonder how the TSA can rationalize NOT adding trains and other forms of mass transit to thier list of places they use these procedures. Either the procedures work and they should be used everywhere or they don't in which case they need to be removed from airports as soon as possible. We've seen how easy it is for undercover agents to carry guns through these machines so I'd go with 'don't work and need to be removed'.

TSA agent sneaks gun through 5 body scanners in DFW - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Whoops! Undercover Agent Slips Gun Past TSA - SmarterTravel.com

TSA Source: Armed Agent Slips Past DFW Body Scanner | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:46 PM

12,381 posts, read 23,761,970 times
I don't think it would work , it would cause massive human movement issues and riots.... The Amount of people going through NYC Rail system daily is about 8 million good luck trying to search them all....and with wat 5 employees? There would be a beatdown and rioting.... People in this region would not take it lightly....and the cost would be expensive. Same with the other cities...

Old 03-06-2011, 05:02 PM

16,409 posts, read 26,810,453 times
It just isnt reasonable..

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM

2,252 posts, read 5,444,747 times
If you don't like it don't fly? Done with that

Take the bus? Not anymore

Take the train? Nope

Drive? Maybe for a couple more months

Just stay home? That might last until the end of the year. Then the TSA will tell us that if we think about leaving our homes, that counts as transportation because we will probably board a vehicle of some type, and they have the right to randomly search our homes.

Immigrate to Canada or Europe? Can we apply as refugees from an oppressive totalitarian regime?

Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 PM

3,644 posts, read 5,642,471 times
I'll be flying on March 18th. Here's hoping I can avoid the 'enhanced' security (theater) again. Sad that this is what we think of now when it comes to travel. I used to look forward to flying on a commercial flight.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM

16,409 posts, read 26,810,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I'll be flying on March 18th. Here's hoping I can avoid the 'enhanced' security (theater) again. Sad that this is what we think of now when it comes to travel. I used to look forward to flying on a commercial flight.
Quit being such a baby, it is not that bad. Reading your constant bitching is worse than actually going through a body scanner.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM

2,252 posts, read 5,444,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Quit being such a baby, it is not that bad. Reading your constant bitching is worse than actually going through a body scanner.
Right. Having a high school dropout x-ray you with a machine that has never been subjected to scientific scrutiny isn't a big deal. And the 4th Amendment, who needs it!

Old 03-12-2011, 02:56 AM

38,981 posts, read 20,527,059 times
Just a few weeks ago, I observed TSA checking bags, etc at the Metrolink Station in Norwalk ... This is far from a major station and apparently, they were only checking those destined to Union Station. Fortunately for me, I was headed in the reverse direction!

Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,168,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Right. Having a high school dropout x-ray you with a machine that has never been subjected to scientific scrutiny isn't a big deal. And the 4th Amendment, who needs it!
Agreed...anyone who just says the rays aren't harmful are way undereducated. This is what happens when the US starts turning out more business majors than scientific minds like engineers, physicists, etc.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:49 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,290,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
OMG. Really?

I could understand disagreeing with the procedure but thinking ahead of time(days ahead) about it? I had some nasty unprofessional patdowns done in other countries but I never needed therapy and I'm a woman. Over here they are more careful and train their employees better to avoid lawsuits

Going to the doctor is far worse. I have seen plenty of peverts with doctorates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or