Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM

43 posts, read 48,766 times

Advertisements

incheon airport photo is on the 1th line & 2th column

The End of the Last Feb, I took a business trip to Korea. that was Incheon international airport and quite good for me. At first, I didn't know this airport well but someone told me that it is quite famous airport notified the best airport in 2010 and keep the top place 6 years consecutively. it is called the north-east hub beating out it's rival Pudong airport in China & Narita in Japan.What I was expressed at that place were 2 things. First, Incheon airport was selected as the best 2th airport to sleep. Many of the poor travelers is trying to buy cheaper ticket. As you know, Who use the cheap flights have to move by via. So, they have to sleep curled up. but many travelers said that Incheon airport is equipped well with heating & cooling system and restroom,restaurant to sleep well. Also, they can use various facilities in that place to kill the time. (Especially, Wi-Fi is good) people are attracted by those merits in airport. One of netizen who had been to there said that he would like to bring his family and friends there to sleep. Second is that Louis Vuitton is placed at it's duty-free shop. Louis Vuitton has been recognized as a luxury brand. so they have adhered to the rule that they don't place it's shop in any duty-free. but they broke their rule for the first time. Personally, I would like to buy Louis Vuitton bags at a lower price. just in time when I arrived there, I found it's duty-free shop and I liked that so much. it seems like that Many travelers care for there. if I have a chance to visit korea, I will get around there more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Dubai has some decent recliners to nap in.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:14 PM

107 posts, read 614,924 times
Dallas/Fort Worth International also has some recliners to sleep in

Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM

249 posts, read 440,598 times
Amsterdam too . Once I had to get up at 4:30am to catch a connecting flight. For the first time in my life, I think, I got asleep in their comfortable chairs... and I woke up when I heard my name shouted for the "last call" of my second flight . Yes, I was very tired, but anyway...

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Singapore is the best, imo. Look it up and read the amenities...too many to list here.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:25 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Singapore is the best, imo. Look it up and read the amenities...too many to list here.
I have slept many a night in Changi, (SIN) and have yet to find the recliners!, tho they have a 'pay-per-hr' place to rest / refresh. I find Changi pretty disruptive to sleep (immigration will check you a few times / night and LOTS of construction in the night (indoors).)

Old 05-20-2015, 06:53 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Oslo was decent, but it was too bright there. Also, MSY, since getting spruced up, isn't all that bad.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:01 AM

7,777 posts, read 10,160,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I have slept many a night in Changi, (SIN) and have yet to find the recliners!, tho they have a 'pay-per-hr' place to rest / refresh. I find Changi pretty disruptive to sleep (immigration will check you a few times / night and LOTS of construction in the night (indoors).)
I found multiple recliner areas with people sleeping (during the day). With earplugs and eye cover I would also be able to sleep in any of the tv areas. There were also very comfortable massage chairs.

Admittedly, I have never been there at night so I don't know from first-hand experience. I was just assuming it was nice given all the amenities I've seen during the day.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Where's Annerk when we need her? I'm sure she knows EXACTLY the best airport in the world as well as where the best seat in that airport is located, which shop has the best coffee and exactly what time it's brewed, where to buy the best organic only snack and what snack shop has the best napkins.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Where's Annerk when we need her? I'm sure she knows EXACTLY the best airport in the world as well as where the best seat in that airport is located, which shop has the best coffee and exactly what time it's brewed, where to buy the best organic only snack and what snack shop has the best napkins.

Please. With her status she will have access to the best lounges and will be catered to. Such knowledge is unneeded for real travelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel