Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times

Advertisements

The main reason why I like to travel is mostly because I get bored really easy if I stay in one place too long, and it gives me new experiences which I can talk about or joke later on.

For starters how many people on this planet can claim that they were either stranded in a Wyoming blizzard, accosted by a bodyguard for a pot dealer in Copenhagen, took a boat to an isolated village in Guatemala, tried to pick up women in a language you are not even fluent in, or ate ant larva in Mexico?

All of those things happened to me when I left the US, and personally I would not trade those experiences for anything in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 06:33 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
I don't travel to escape where I live. I love where I live but it is nice to get a break from the winter rain, winds and darkness. We go on long trips at least 3 times a year, plus trips within our country.

I travel to see/experience:
architecture
ancient sites
adventure
wildlife
scenery
different cultures/traditions/foods/music
many photographic opportunities

Old 08-30-2013, 06:56 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
I travel to experience the interactions and unique moments that you cannot have by simply watching films or reading about a place. I have visited close to 100 countries, so far, and most of them at least twice. This year I've flown to Cancun; Canada; China; Tibet; Kauai; and Maui. I will visit Cost Rica before the year ends, and am planning to visit South Africa next year. I never seem to get enough, and it certainly has enhanced my ability as a history teacher!

Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I travel to experience the interactions and unique moments that you cannot have by simply watching films or reading about a place. I have visited close to 100 countries, so far, and most of them at least twice. This year I've flown to Cancun; Canada; China; Tibet; Kauai; and Maui. I will visit Cost Rica before the year ends, and am planning to visit South Africa next year. I never seem to get enough, and it certainly has enhanced my ability as a history teacher!
I'd have to see nearly every country to feel satisfied!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM

844 posts, read 1,657,323 times
Travel for me is an escape. I feel like travelling when I'm bored and fed up with my everyday life.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM

844 posts, read 1,657,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I'd have to see nearly every country to feel satisfied!
Honestly, there are many countries that I don't bother to visit even if the travel is free.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:09 AM

17 posts, read 15,855 times
Well..I think Everyone needs a break from boring office life.So,travelling is best option in that case..

Old 08-31-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beurswand View Post
Well..I think Everyone needs a break from boring office life.So,travelling is best option in that case..
Well, I'm retired and my life is far from boring. And travel enhances it.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
Honestly, there are many countries that I don't bother to visit even if the travel is free.
There are many countries you couldn't pay me to go to. I'd really have to make a list but there's no point since I didn't win the lottery. So I have to be more choosy about what countries I visit.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:49 AM

8 posts, read 24,317 times
I personally think that our expectations for living in modern society are bordering on ridiculous. Travel gives us a chance to slow-down and have a little holiday from the fast pace and recognize what’s im. Every time I travel all the things I’ve made assumptions about in life change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel