U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,120 posts, read 5,960,034 times

Advertisements

My family's making a big trip to Disneyland next year. Everyone's doing the park hopper, good neighbor or Disneyland hotels. We want to go, but don't want to pay the $700-1,500 they're paying for two nights and twy-day park hopper deals.

Does anyone know of ways to cut the cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,449,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
My family's making a big trip to Disneyland next year. Everyone's doing the park hopper, good neighbor or Disneyland hotels. We want to go, but don't want to pay the $700-1,500 they're paying for two nights and twy-day park hopper deals.

You don't have to stay right next to Disneyland. If you get further away for your hotel/motel, I think you will find that you save quite a bit. The Disneyland Hotel (and most of its neighbors) is pretty expensive from what I remember. Do you know anyone in the area you can stay with for one or two nights? If you could save the cost of the hotel, you'd cut your expenses down quite a bit.

Another big expense is the cost of entering the park. That alone costs quite a bit, and if you're buying for a family of four, will run several hundred dollars. Also, if you can, bring an ice chest with stuff to make sandwiches, and also bring some snacks and drinks. The food and drinks inside the park are very expensive, but going back to the car to eat a picnic only requires a hand stamp, a walk, a tram ride, and a little of your time.

Those are just a few ideas that I can think of to help you stretch your vacation dollars at Disneyland. I hope this helps.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,088,666 times
If you know anyone that lives in Southern California they could buy the tickets for you as CA residents pay less. You can also get your hand stamped and just go back to the comfort of your motel room and make lunch or pick up something along the way to eat there. Many of the hotels in the area also have shuttles so you would not even have to drive over and back, which will save you gas, time, parking, a walk to your car, and parking fee. Sometimes people sell Hopper passes and tickets on Ebay as well, so check it out.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:43 AM

4,097 posts, read 10,173,856 times
Actually, I don't think this will work. You have to show ID if you enter with a SoCal pass.

Stay off-site if possible.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
If you know anyone that lives in Southern California they could buy the tickets for you as CA residents pay less. You can also get your hand stamped and just go back to the comfort of your motel room and make lunch or pick up something along the way to eat there. Many of the hotels in the area also have shuttles so you would not even have to drive over and back, which will save you gas, time, parking, a walk to your car, and parking fee. Sometimes people sell Hopper passes and tickets on Ebay as well, so check it out.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 PM

658 posts, read 2,223,485 times
i know that they have a website disneyworld.com/affordable i typed it in with land instead and they have where you can search for vacation packages on there maybe that will help

Old 08-11-2007, 06:55 AM

51,816 posts, read 29,901,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Don't go to Disneyland - You'll definitely cut the costs that way! In my opinion these theme parks are a big rip-off.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM

26 posts, read 102,746 times
Try the Candy Cane Inn just outside the park. It gets great reviews for a budget-friendly place, includes breakfast - and is an easy walk to Disneyland from your room. Buy your park tickets at AAA for a slight discount or online at the Disney website before you go.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:14 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,120 posts, read 5,960,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Don't go to Disneyland - You'll definitely cut the costs that way! In my opinion these theme parks are a big rip-off.
I wish I had a choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or