U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 AM
 
Location: NYPD"s 30th Precinct
2,445 posts, read 4,431,735 times
Reputation: 2467

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Actually there is case law where LEO has been brought up on misconduct charges for patting down people without probable cause. They can't just grab granny walking down the street with her bread and milk and pat her down without a reason.
Having a reason and having probable cause are two different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Having a reason and having probable cause are two different things.
So you think "probable cause" would be raised because someone was #39 through the security line and that was a TSA agent's random number of the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: NYPD"s 30th Precinct
2,445 posts, read 4,431,735 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
So you think "probable cause" would be raised because someone was #39 through the security line and that was a TSA agent's random number of the day?
No, I don't think constitues probable cause. The issue at hand is that probable cause is not needed for a pat down. Those two ideas go together quite easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,705,471 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Did you read that two universities had concerns as well?
So how is the universities that find the risk insignificant quickly disregarded as TSA bigwigs but the minority who haven't done studies just expressed concerns are gospel?

I'll tell you: because you have a conclusion and will only acknowledge that which supports it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,705,471 times
Reputation: 4769
Annerk, have you ever had the pat-down? Did you honestly think it was a lesbian getting her kicks from feeling up a middle-aged woman on business travel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
So how is the universities that find the risk insignificant quickly disregarded as TSA bigwigs but the minority who haven't done studies just expressed concerns are gospel?

I'll tell you: because you have a conclusion and will only acknowledge that which supports it.
Wrong. But when it comes to my health I choose to err on the side of caution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Annerk, have you ever had the pat-down? Did you honestly think it was a lesbian getting her kicks from feeling up a middle-aged woman on business travel?
Then explain to me why one particular TSA agent seems to pull aside every slender, pretty teen out for extra security--and no other demographic? I've watched this same person do this multiple time on multiple dates, so it's not just a coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 AM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,705,471 times
Reputation: 4769
How does she "pull her" do all these slender teens fail the scanners and metal detectors or is this rogue lesbian just walking up and down the line to grab who she wants in her women in prison fantasies?

And again - have you ever had the pat down? You say the only reason if for them to get their kicks, did you really think it a TSA lesbian getting her kicks from trying to touch a middle aged business traveler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 AM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,705,471 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Wrong. But when it comes to my health I choose to err on the side of caution.
Sound exactly like the fluoride in the water and vaccinations people. All done in the name of wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM
 
Location: NYPD"s 30th Precinct
2,445 posts, read 4,431,735 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Then explain to me why one particular TSA agent seems to pull aside every slender, pretty teen out for extra security--and no other demographic? I've watched this same person do this multiple time on multiple dates, so it's not just a coincidence.
Because you want them to.

Also, earlier you were asking if it was fair to select people randomly for pat downs based on a random number, now you're saying they're just picked and chosen at the whim of the screener. Which is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top