U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,706,679 times
Reputation: 4769

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Thats what I think too, far more likely than the same evil lesbian picking slim teenage girls out of line for the random pat-down whenever Annerk is around.

Still curious if Annerk has ever had the pat-down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
How does she "pull her" do all these slender teens fail the scanners and metal detectors or is this rogue lesbian just walking up and down the line to grab who she wants in her women in prison fantasies?
Pretty much. I've never seen one of them fail the metal detector. When it's three cute teens in a 30 minute time frame, ignoring evey other person, there's a problem.

Quote:
And again - have you ever had the pat down? You say the only reason if for them to get their kicks, did you really think it a TSA lesbian getting her kicks from trying to touch a middle aged business traveler?
Nope, which again points out that they are getting their kicks by picking and choosing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Because you want them to.

Also, earlier you were asking if it was fair to select people randomly for pat downs based on a random number, now you're saying they're just picked and chosen at the whim of the screener. Which is it?
It's both. There seems to be a real problem at PVD with one specific TSA agent. In many other airports, it's a random number. As I said, since when is being #39 probable cause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,706,679 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Nope, which again points out that they are getting their kicks by picking and choosing.
Wait a sec.... of the millions of passengers them not picking you for a random pat-down points out that the TSA agents doint pat-downs are in fact gay people who are getting their kicks by picking attractive people to feel up? Can you sound any more ridiculous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Wait a sec.... of the millions of passengers them not picking you for a random pat-down points out that the TSA agents doint pat-downs are in fact gay people who are getting their kicks by picking attractive people to feel up? Can you sound any more ridiculous?
Like I said--there seems to be a problem at PVD. Maybe you need to learn to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: NYPD"s 30th Precinct
2,445 posts, read 4,433,815 times
Reputation: 2467
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Then explain to me why one particular TSA agent seems to pull aside every slender, pretty teen out for extra security--and no other demographic? I've watched this same person do this multiple time on multiple dates, so it's not just a coincidence.
Actually that's kind of the definition of a coincidence. If it was one time, it could not be a coincidence as you must have multiple occurrences for them to "coincide."

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It's both. There seems to be a real problem at PVD with one specific TSA agent. In many other airports, it's a random number. As I said, since when is being #39 probable cause?
So make a complaint with the KPVD Federal Security Director (the highest ranking TSA officer at the airport, usually ex-military brass.)

Also, you seem to be fixated on the concept of probable case. I've already stated that no, getting on a plane is not enough to justify probable cause that you're going to commit a crime. However, since probable cause isn't needed for a pat down, there is no conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 37,253,110 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Then explain to me why one particular TSA agent seems to pull aside every slender, pretty teen out for extra security--and no other demographic? I've watched this same person do this multiple time on multiple dates, so it's not just a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
How does she "pull her" do all these slender teens fail the scanners and metal detectors or is this rogue lesbian just walking up and down the line to grab who she wants in her women in prison fantasies?

And again - have you ever had the pat down? You say the only reason if for them to get their kicks, did you really think it a TSA lesbian getting her kicks from trying to touch a middle aged business traveler?
So annerk is telling me that because my 16 year old, skinny, cute, long hair, brown eyed child got called out of the line for "extra security" at the airport 2 weeks ago it was because the blonde TSA female agent was a lesbian.

Yes, 2 weeks ago as we were going thru security at SAN my 16 year old was pulled after going thru the metal detectors for extra screening. HOWEVER, it's not what annerk has been saying. I can testify for that. As it's easily a teen they immediately asked her how old she was. Since she was 16 (under 18) they asked who she was traveling w/ and if her mother was there. I was behind her and my 12 year old really cute blonde headed skinny daughter. TSA agent asked me to come on thru (they were held up w/ some older lady w/ metal and had not cleared me to go thru yet but she made them). TSA agent would NOT leave that spot until I got thru, gathered my belongings from the scanners and then took both ME and my daughter to the side. Female TSA agent would not let her out of my sight. This is how it is to be done at every single airport. If it is a minor child they MUST have their parent w/ them during any additional search. If the parent is not then they have to call for someone to come and "witness" and usually someone that is the same sex as the minor child. Female TSA agent looked thru her bag asked her name, where she was going and where she had been. Told us "thank you" and that we were free to go. I did not get that they picked my 16 year old daughter out because of her age nor her size nor did I get any vibe that the TSA agent was a lesbian and only wanting to "fill up" my daughter.

So there is my firsthand experience as the mother of a 16 year old skinny daughter that was selected for this extra screening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,706,679 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Like I said--there seems to be a problem at PVD. Maybe you need to learn to read.
I can read fine... sometimes it just takes confirmation to really digest that a functioning adult backs up her position against TSA pat-downs with tales of sexual molestation by wayward TSA lesbians who are only doing it to get their kicks. Then furthering her theories with the equally astounding leap of logic that since she hadn't been patted-down (despite apparent expertise on the subject) it was further proof of the TSA lesbians picking hotties, and her astute observations of one of said rogue lesbian agents constantly pulling skinny teens out of line when she's at the airport.

I mean come on, that is just too funny. It is almost like an SNL skit, except it is really someone saying this to make an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
 
3,490 posts, read 7,380,156 times
Reputation: 3950
Well I agree with annerk - I've been patted down and per her logic that must mean I'm hot. I like the logic (or lack thereof)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,162,577 times
Reputation: 35902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many flights take off all over the world every day? How many of those flights have been hijacked in the past 50 years, what are the percentages? You say, "plenty"....how many? I could also say that plenty of flights that take off from any location throughout the world on any given day has not been hijacked and are perfectly safe flights.
And those small percentage of flights that WERE highjacked ... The majority of those cases involved carryon items that PASSED screening cause they were allowed ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top