Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:05 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

TSA denies having required a 95-year-old woman to remove diaper - CNN.com

Could TSA possibly be more crazy? In the above article, a 95 year old woman, was made to remove her adult diaper, because TSA could not determine if it was safe or not...

Okay...when are they going to get real about security, and actually PROFILE people, rather than do it the crazy way they do it now...

Okay, a 95 year old woman, in a wheelchair...PASS

25 year old male, of Middle Eastern Descent...make him take off everything, including his diaper...if he is wearing one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 04:39 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
because terrorist will use these exceptions for their own benefit.

every terrorist event occured because of a hole in security, I would rather grandma be stripped search before letting a terrorist exploit that weakness.

It's all well and good to complain about granny's pee pads and little amy's dolls being searched but i bet your kin would be the first in line to sue everyyone if a terrorist event occured because they used that weakness.

The only thing keeping terrorist from committing more acts is the level of security, they have a hard time finding a consistant weakness. (and more americans have been killed in airplane terrorist attacks from non middle easterners than from that group)

Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with this. People can be exploited, even the family of a 95 year old white woman with the disposition of Betty White.

These matters should be handled with modesty and tact. If only they could just teach TSA workers these skills.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:

every terrorist event occured because of a hole in security, I would rather grandma be stripped search before letting a terrorist exploit that weakness.

It's all well and good to complain about granny's pee pads and little amy's dolls being searched but i bet your kin would be the first in line to sue everyyone if a terrorist event occured because they used that weakness.

The only thing keeping terrorist from committing more acts is the level of security, they have a hard time finding a consistant weakness. (and more americans have been killed in airplane terrorist attacks from non middle easterners than from that group)
So you're Volunterring to being strip and body cavity searched before every flight?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM

I will submit to a strip search if it keeps terrorist off the plane. I would hate to get blown up because some "white" home grown terrroist boarded the plane in a Texas flag shirt, American flag hat, and a red/white and blue pair of pants all the while singing God Bless America. Of course if olive skin Abdul Amahn is on the flight, hopefully his skills as a decorated US Marine will twart the attack.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:47 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,298 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with this. People can be exploited, even the family of a 95 year old white woman with the disposition of Betty White.

These matters should be handled with modesty and tact. If only they could just teach TSA workers these skills.

Quote:
I will submit to a strip search if it keeps terrorist off the plane. I would hate to get blown up because some "white" home grown terrroist boarded the plane in a Texas flag shirt, American flag hat, and a red/white and blue pair of pants all the while singing God Bless America. Of course if olive skin Abdul Amahn is on the flight, hopefully his skills as a decorated US Marine will twart the attack.

I don't even know what to say to this NONSENSE. Our founding fathers are spinning in they're graves reading your posts. God help this country with sheeple like you!

I am FAR more likely to be killed choking on food or crossing the street than by a terrorist on a plane. If I'm the unlucky one who happens to be on a flight that is brought down by these thugs, I go down fighting (eg United Flight 93) and if I'm killed.......well then my time on this earth is up!!

To quote Benjamin Franklin "When you give up liberty for security, you get NEITHER"

Think about that..........

All we need to do is look to Isreal for the proper model of effective security.

This is why I am sooo glad I got my private pilot certificate and can fly myself almost anywhere except overseas!!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you are a pilot for an air carrier, so you know you don't have to do any of such thing. Easier said than done.

Plus, if you actually read about Osama, and the reason he attacked the US, you'll find if we pull our troops from their soil, we won't have anything to worry about. No more terrorists trying to blow us up. That is all they wanted. Instead we kill more of them, and put more troops on their soil. In other words, we pretty much deserve what is coming to us. Sad but true.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I'm pretty sure you are a pilot for an air carrier, so you know you don't have to do any of such thing. Easier said than done.
i'm a crew member on a charter heavy lift cargo aircraft. Wish i could fly this beast.

One third of my operations is pre arrival things which means I have to fly on regualr commerical passneger flight to met the sircraft or head to the location begfore arrivals. In those cases, my crew status isn;t something that gets me much of any favorable treatment with security. Since I;m a passenger, i expect that my flight will be safe so i expect that they will be doing everything to provide my safety. Maybe I;m just a little more forgiving because I would rather be felt up by security than felt up by a mortician.

Nobody wants these intrusions but we all know if something goes wrong, everyone would be asking why weren;t they more diligent in their efforts. People complain about granny being searched but I bet if granny had a bomb and used it, their kin would be complaining even louder calling for an investigatuion as to why grannies underwear wasn;t searched.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM

253 posts, read 201,775 times
Hmmm....well, this is definitely an embarrassing story & I feel bad for the woman. But to be honest, better to be safe than sorry. You just never know is all I'm saying.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Why would you even want your elderly mother boarding a plane and sitting in a wet "diaper" for the duration of her flight? That's my whole spin on this story. I guess, If I knew my elderly mom's, grandmother (or anyone I was responsible for that was in an adult diaper) had a wet or soiled one I'd want them to be comfortable and clean and would get it changed as soon as possible. If it was wet before going thru security then they should have stepped into a bathroom before getting in line and taken care of the situation. If it happened while in security I can see it not being taken care of when passing thru.

But the whole argument that it was going to make her miss her flight for her to change it or remove it.......... then the person in charge of making sure she got to her flight on time with plenty of time to take care of anything medically beforehand and getting her to the bathroom before boarding her flight needs a good reaming. They themselves cut the time to short. It's posted everywhere to make sure one arrives w/ plenty of time before their flight to allow for checking in and security. If dealing w/ someone w/ medical issues then they should have alloted more time. Plain as that.

I'm guessing they were going to put their elderly mother on the flight w/ a wet adult diaper on. How sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel