U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 08:54 PM

23 posts, read 28,031 times

Advertisements

I need an offer code or I would like to buy a travel voucher
Message me! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 PM

38,121 posts, read 55,915,020 times
Continental Airlines COUPON DISCOUNT Voucher Offer Code ALL FARES THRU 9/9/11 Economy/1st, US/Intl
Continental Airlines - Airline

please check ebay too

Old 07-18-2011, 10:52 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,269,594 times
wow, I literally just booked a flight with CO about 20 mins before seeing that

Old 07-18-2011, 11:03 PM

38,121 posts, read 55,915,020 times
... and you didn't even googled it?????

Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
... and you didn't even googled it?????
Its amazing the things that slip our minds when we most need it

Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 AM

12,344 posts, read 18,445,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyI View Post
I need an offer code or I would like to buy a travel voucher
Message me! Thanks
Are you saying you want to buy a travel voucher (i.e. - issued to a customer for a bumped flight or airline goodwill)? I think they are considered non-transferable for all airlines, and the airlines take the "non-transferable" clause seriously. You can buy them on ebay, but the airlines are aware of this practice and monitor this activity - they may or may not work when you attempt to book a flight and use it, which mean you bought a useless voucher.
And if you have frequent flyer miles with that airlines, the airlines may find you in default and take your miles and cancel your membership.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Are you saying you want to buy a travel voucher (i.e. - issued to a customer for a bumped flight or airline goodwill)? I think they are considered non-transferable for all airlines, and the airlines take the "non-transferable" clause seriously. You can buy them on ebay, but the airlines are aware of this practice and monitor this activity - they may or may not work when you attempt to book a flight and use it, which mean you bought a useless voucher.
And if you have frequent flyer miles with that airlines, the airlines may find you in default and take your miles and cancel your membership.

Agreed, and you cannot sell airline vouchers, if they are not used in your name then they are void.

I don't really understand the practice of buying high amounts of miles from other people either, because the transfer fees alone cost more than most tickets generally, thats not even counting what you're paying for the miles themselves.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 AM

12,344 posts, read 18,445,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't really understand the practice of buying high amounts of miles from other people either, because the transfer fees alone cost more than most tickets generally, thats not even counting what you're paying for the miles themselves.
There scams, basically. The seller profits and the buyer, many times, get stuck with a worthless ticket. Seller doesn't care.

The airlines have entire departments that monitor this activity and shut down ebay sellers and certain checks in place to make sure a ticket or coupon isn't transfered. The "flyer talk forum" has recorded a few instances and the general consensus is don't try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or