U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:05 AM

333 posts, read 893,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Interline is a aggrement the airlines have with each other to transfer bag from one to the other, with out you having to re-check them. When you claim the bags, and got thru customs, most airlines are on the other side of customs to allow you to pass them back with out having to go to the front counter and 're-check' them,.

When you bought the ticket, did you buy the SYD-> Charlotte in the same/one transaction? If you did the tickets are connected. The airlines computer/travel agent system should not let you do a connection in LAX that you can not make.

Sound like your USAir ticket is a seperate ticket. On the cheapticket web site you book 2 differnet trips. Its up to you to allow enought time to connect. USAir might let you change to the later flight, but odds are they will charge you a change fee, & increase in fare.

Ah kk, that's always good to know. Lot less hassle. Na I had to buy the international and domestic ones separate because they costed a-lot more the other way. Mm yea I see what you mean. If I had bought it that way it probably would have had me doing the 1:10 pm flight, stead of the 11:20 am one. Mm I worried about that extra charge yea. =/ I bought the domestic part on cheaptickets, but the international part on e-bookers. A-lot cheap for that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 17,145,055 times
But when you get done paying the change fee, and increase in fare, is it still cheaper?

One of the downsides of being your own Travel Agent. You need to know all the connection times/rules when you write your own tickets.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
But when you get done paying the change fee, and increase in fare, is it still cheaper?
No >.< I don't know if you're really asking but I definitely don't need it rubbed in my face otherwise. I was already thinking that myself. I'm worried enough about my parents being mad. The prices were just going up and I was afraid they'd be sold out or too expensive if I waited any longer and I thought the time I had was enough as long as they were codeshare partners, but I forgot they aren't, and I hardly ever use L.A. airport so I forgot they are so much busier than other airports, otherwise that time limit should've just been enough.
Yea I usually do=/ but it should've been enough had I been right >.< but had all that adrenaline trying too get it bought so it didn't go up, because that date is close by.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,190,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygirl05 View Post
interline agreement, never heard of that. Yea I bought both my tickets on the same day. Hmm kk, yea that's what I was worried about, delays, mm yea lines for bags was my biggest worry, because when I was on the A-380 in Feb. it took at-least 20-30 mins to get my bags. >.< I would have liked to take a 747 on the way back if I could have. Yea =/ Kk, I'm gonna try to call US Airways later today and hopefully switch my L.A. departure to the 1:10 pm flight, so I'll have 3 hours, 25 mins, stead of 1 hour, 35 mins. I just hope they can switch my money over to the later flight (cause they're non-refundable) and me pay the extra difference. Otherwise, I'll be paying for two tickets, and the first one won't even get used. =/ Well I wanted to, and forgot that US Airways doesn't work with them, and my parents have moved further East so the main connecting airport (I read is good) is Charlotte, and the times aren't all that great. Doesn't help that I felt rushed to buy them because the International ticket esp. was saying Act fast only 3 left at this price, then cheaptickets was showing US Airways was saying same thing but only 1 left. By the time I got done purchasing my Sydney ticket I got the last one at that price. I hardly ever fly with L.A. airport, that's why I forgot how long it CAN take.

I can't blame you for saying that, I could kick myself for having the ticket prices rush me. I just worried the price of the International one was gonna go up $200 like another day I was going to go with did.
IMO those sites are really not great. Go to the airline websites and buy from them the prices will be the same or even cheaper and it is much easier. I am guessing PHL-SFO-SYD on United or PHL-DFW-LAX-SYD on American was too expensive?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
IMO those sites are really not great. Go to the airline websites and buy from them the prices will be the same or even cheaper and it is much easier. I am guessing PHL-SFO-SYD on United or PHL-DFW-LAX-SYD on American was too expensive?
I'm not looking for a ticket to go to Sydney, I'm looking for one back to the U.S. from Sydney, and no the tickets on the American Airlines site and Qantas site were not the same price as ebookers, nor were they cheaper. Tickets cost more coming from Australia to the U.S., than the U.S. to Australia in the first place.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM

4,836 posts, read 10,190,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygirl05 View Post
I'm not looking for a ticket to go to Sydney, I'm looking for one back to the U.S. from Sydney, and no the tickets on the American Airlines site and Qantas site were not the same price as ebookers, nor were they cheaper. Tickets cost more coming from Australia to the U.S., than the U.S. to Australia in the first place.
I know you already have your tickets. I am just saying it is much easier to just fly one airline or two partner airlines.
Good luck with trying to swtich flights, hopefully they dont charge you too much for the later PHL flight

Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM

8,593 posts, read 11,079,658 times
Interline is irrelevant. LAX is the port of entry into the US. You and your bags will have to clear customs, regardless of connecting airline. Right after customs, there will be a counter to re-check your bags.

As far as arriving at LAX, clearing customs, changing terminals, and re-clearing security, in 97 minutes? Good luck with that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel