Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:16 PM

77 posts, read 280,738 times

Advertisements

What do you think, Is the best way to go about it ? I only have 2-3 days max. Please suggest, Is there any package that I can book ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,729,338 times
This may give you a start:
Niagara Falls Tourism Official Website Niagara Falls Ontario Canada

Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,214,175 times
I would contact a travel agent. You are much more likely to get useful info there.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,839,041 times
Keep in mind that you'll need a passport.

The easiest thing to do is fly from PHX to BUF and rent a car. It's a 35 minute drive from there. It's more than double that drive from YYZ and the airfare from PHX to YYZ is astronomical due to international taxes.

You can leave PHX on a 6:00 am flight and be at the Falls in time for dinner. On the way back you can take an early evening flight and be at PHX around 10:30. Just keep in mind that when you cross from the Canadian side back into the US there can be a delay, so allow enough time.

Also make sure your car rental allows you to take the car into Canada, and verify whether you need an international drivers license or not.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:28 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,912,377 times
Yes, you can do NFalls in 2/3 days, I just got back from there, you want to be on the canada side. (You will need a passport.) I would fly into Buffalo, and rent a car, Your US license is good in Canada, But if you have any DWI, or few other things they will not let you drive into canada. There is a shuttle from BUF->Nfall/Ca
Airport Shuttle Services Buffalo Airport Niagara Falls
Canada: DWI or DUI - Driving convictions - TripAdvisor
Depending on your budget, you can get a hotel on the bluffs that overlook the fall $C~250-350/night (+ tax, parking fees etc) or one of the budget hotels along the main drag, No-view. Nfalls/Ca has a great bus system, you don't need your car once you get there. I got the
Buy Tickets & Packages
It includes the bus, (and if you are on the budget hotels it stops almost in front of them).
The hotel on the bluff, have a shuttle that goes down to the main drag, where you can connect to the city bus system.

We spent 1 full day doing the main item on the Pass, (taking our time.)

A fun thing to do somenight is the oh canads dinner show. Its a few miles out of town, but its cute.
Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show - Niagara's "Must-See" Musical

Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 AM

44,549 posts, read 61,257,045 times
We flew into Toronto Canada, rented a car and drove to Niagara Falls and sight seeing the falls with 2 days staying at a hotel, then spent 1/2 day sight seeing Village of Niagara, then back to Toronto, took a sightseeing bus, went up the CN Tower and then returned to Phx.
Niagara Falls from the Canadian side is the best for views and lodging.
Here is a comprehensive site explaining everything you need to know about getting to Niagara Falls by either plane, train or automobile. Buses too.
Toronto: Niagara Falls

Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM

14,984 posts, read 23,771,304 times
Just get a rental car, no need for an organized tour. Now as I remember it you can see it from the US side as well right? From around Buffalo.

But - wow, a whole trip from the west to see Niagra Falls. I wouldn't even consider it unless you had another purpose to be in those parts. It's an underwhelming sight. I seriously would consider it more worthwhile to visit like the first Buffolo Wing exhibition or something cheesy like that.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,912,377 times
You can see some from the US side, but the best view are from the canada side. But you can do the maid of mist board walk next to falls(US).

Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,143,523 times
IMO the best bet is to go from Phx to Buf, rent a car and make your way over .... definitely get a passport and cross over to the canadian side .... while I like the american falls, I don't think I would plan a trip just for that ...... the canadian side has better views and a better launching spot for the attractions with the falls ... plus there is some interesting stuff in the immediate area ... 2-3 day is more than enough

I've frequently flown SWA from phoenix to buffalo without issue

Old 08-15-2011, 04:47 PM

4,262 posts, read 8,126,557 times
I've been to Niagara Falls at least a half dozen times, and 2-3 days is more than enough.

The above advice about flying in to Buffalo is great advice, thats what I would definitely do.

If you are up for walking, there is a ton you can see without a car. But, there are some cool sites that you would need a car to go do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel