U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 04:16 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,225,310 times

Advertisements

If I had to pick ONE place: Vancouver, BC.

My list of most beautiful places I've been to, in no particular order:
California
New Mexico
Western Washington state
Vancouver, BC
Florida Keys
West Virginia after a few inches of snow in winter

Other places I will/should be able to see in the next few months that are supposed to be just beautiful:
Austria
Southern English countryside

Where else I'd like to see:
French Mediterranean
Switzerland
The three northern Scandinavian nations
Canada (cross-Canadian road trip)
Alaska (I actually want to go to the Diomede Islands...crazy!)
Hawaii
New Zealand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,764,098 times
Florence.. although it was August and it was 35C and sunny almost everyday, it was beautiful.. great city although very expensive in some places

Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 800 times
Hey, the only place in Poland (I take Poland because I live here) I know is definitely worth visiting is Niemodlin Polish Castle

I have been there myself and the Castle is Amazing the guide was very nice and they answer all your questions you can also take as many photos you can manage
There is a nice hotel 10 -30meters away in future there will be a few hotel rooms in the Castle. The castle itself have very unique mysterious atmosphere,
The best place to visit for your holidays.
More information you can find on the main website: Moderator cut: link removed, please read our terms of service
And greetings from Poland!

Last edited by Yac; 09-23-2015 at 12:51 AM..

Old 02-03-2016, 03:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 633,232 times
I suppose that as London is my home town, I can hardly say that I've travelled there, but it's beautiful IMO.
Paris, I could walk around it all day and never get bored, but I'd be totally wasted by 5.00 p.m., a knockout.
The city of Murcia in southern Spain, please take my word for it, don't go there and spoil it for me.
Savannah GA. it is a true gem, history on every corner and in every square.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:43 PM

6,544 posts, read 3,653,233 times
It's hard to choose. I live in New Mexico and I'm astounded by the beauty here every day. It is a different kind of beauty and some folks don't see it...you have to like the desert. I just returned from a winter trip to Grand Canyon -- I've been there before but never experienced it with snow and it was outstanding. The big trees and towering forest in Sequoia National Park are amazingly beautiful. I liked Umbria in Italy -- rolling green hills and ancient hill towns. Years ago we took a circle trip out of Vancouver BC by rail heading north and then west along the Skeena River to Prince Rupert and then down the inside passage by ferry to Victoria and back to Vancouver. Almost all of that would be as pretty as any National Park in the US.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:25 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,310,974 times
Some candidates...

Coromandel Peninsula, North Island, New Zealand

Old City of Jerusalem

Winelands, Western Cape, South Africa

Western Highlands, Scotland

My own town

Old 02-03-2016, 06:33 PM

5,967 posts, read 3,458,810 times
My husband and I shared an amazing day on the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall about 90 minutes outside Beijing last year. There were very, very few people there that day. The sky was blue, there were very few clouds, and we snacked on crackers and drank ice cold Tsingtao beer while perched on a steep stair, just taking it all in. It was a bucket list item for me and at some point my damn eyes started watering and stuff. We sent my sister in Oregon a cell phone video right there on the spot and she said it made her so happy to feel for a moment like she was there with us. One of the best travel moments ever.

I also had a similar experience sitting on a park bench very early in the morning on the Riverwalk in New Orleans many years ago, listening to Paul Simon's Graceland on my Walkman, watching barges silently float by. Just surreal.

Third favorite was waking up very early one morning while staying in Badlands National Park and taking a stroll. I came across a field with literally hundreds of cottontail rabbits bounding around everywhere. I felt like I was in a Lewis Carroll book. Nobody could have believed the number of bunnies just all around me.

Ahhh that's just good stuff.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:40 AM

9,800 posts, read 5,474,276 times
Off the top of my head?

Taiwan
Japan

Both ..........................in the early 70's.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:13 AM

6,771 posts, read 5,114,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Off the top of my head?

Taiwan
Japan

Both ..........................in the early 70's.
I can't imagine Taiwan being beautiful in the early 70s. Maybe in the mountains or on the coast, but the cities must be ghastly back then...even worse than now, which is pretty bad already.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM

9,800 posts, read 5,474,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I can't imagine Taiwan being beautiful in the early 70s. Maybe in the mountains or on the coast, but the cities must be ghastly back then...even worse than now, which is pretty bad already.
I was there on Double Ten Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or