U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 AM

11,093 posts, read 6,224,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I don't understand why people can't take of their business before they get on the plane.
Easier said than done. All good intentions, stuff has a way of catching up to you at times - as you get older, you'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 AM

5,727 posts, read 8,635,995 times
I never have and WILL never travel by this crappy airline even if they are free... it's just too much of a hassel and risk to my travel plans.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:08 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,594,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Next step : make people fly standing up ("it' lasts only 2 hours after all"). And probably it would be a success among the public, because nowadays people would accept to eat **** just to "save a buck". Sad times...
I guess my expectations and sense of entitlement are more realistic than those of other people.

I expect to receive courteous service and value for my money, but nothing more. I'd always gotten both with discount airlines such as Ryanair.

If I paid $350 OW to British Airlines for the same itinerary, I would say I should expect 10X the level of comfort over what I received from the $35 flights from Ryanair. Not. It only happened once when I suddenly became important because my seat was in business class (which was a whole lot more than $350.)

I don't go to Great Clips or Fantastic Sams where the charge is $12 and expect the same level of care as at Cristophe where the simple haircut costs 10X more.

I don't go to Payless Shoes and expect the kind of service given at Nordstrom's invitation-only sales.

One should look at everything in perspective before spouting off. Saying "people would accept to eat **** just to save a buck" is quite harsh and showing an unnecessary rudeness.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 10-14-2011 at 11:18 AM..

Old 10-14-2011, 07:52 PM

32,190 posts, read 33,097,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Next step : make people fly standing up ("it' lasts only 2 hours after all"). And probably it would
be a success
among the public, because nowadays people would accept to eat **** just to "save a buck". Sad times...
I heard that kind of "stand-up" seats were being developed for passenger planes.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM

38,218 posts, read 56,029,042 times
Looks like we will have to depend on Depends

http://www.dba-oracle.com/golf_trave...s_aircraft.jpg
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted picture - post link only

Old 10-14-2011, 08:40 PM

6,980 posts, read 12,522,313 times
The Airline will do what it wants dispite complaints from the flying public. Whether they go thru with this foolishness or not only time will tell. What can be guaranteed if Ryanair does eliminate the restrooms, will be children and others peeing in the seat. Anyone that has raised kids knows all to well. A few minutes after you leave your house one of them always needs a restroom. Imagine being on a two hour flight with kids that can't wait.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:14 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,594,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
What can be guaranteed if Ryanair does eliminate the restrooms, will be children and others peeing in the seat.
No airline is "eliminating" the toilets.

Gosh, such storm in a teacup.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 AM

4,836 posts, read 10,212,401 times
Most flights on Ryanair are not long. There are aircraft out there like Beechcraft 1900D's which do not even have bathrooms on board. It is only a 19 passenger prop plane but still they can easily have hour long flights. If Ryanair wants to do it go ahead. It is a free market. They sell very cheap flights. I never flew with them when I was in Europe and never plan on flying with them. They also use a lot of alternate airports farther away from the main cities but that is also cheaper. It is a safe and well run airline for what it is. They can do what they want.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:10 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,931,647 times
Not a big fan of Ryanair anyway. This is one more reason not to fly with them. For me, usually the big carriers such as British Airways or Lufthansa are just a few Euros more expensive but offer a lot more. Free luggage, food and drinks, hand baggage and a personal item and the biggest plus: They don't fly to airports in the middle of nowhere where you need to pay lots of money for busses or trains just to get to your final destination.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:32 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,876,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I never have and WILL never travel by this crappy airline even if they are free... it's just too much of a hassel and risk to my travel plans.
Hassle and risk? I flew to Barcelona for €12.50 round.
What hassle and risk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or