U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 PM

32,176 posts, read 33,082,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
2-3 is not that small of a plane. 2-2 or 1-2 yes. This is especially true on the CRJ. However it is small either way. I always take a window. Flights are not as fun with out a view.
Except when the window seat is next to the wing and all you can see when you look out is the wing itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:33 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,209,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Except when the window seat is next to the wing and all you can see when you look out is the wing itself!
This is true. However this sometimes means an exit row. And at cruise you can still see the sky and in the horizon. But your right the best is away from the wing. I prefer infront of the engines. Of course this usually means I got an upgrade

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,369,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I'm going to be flying Delta this time and when I went to pick my seat, I noticed that one side of the aircraft had 2-seat rows and the other side 3 seats.

Is this unusual, or does Delta use a lot of planes like this? Just wanting to make sure I get the window, and the 2-seat row on an American flight struck me as odd.
Not unusual at all. As a previous poster said, there are some with only 3 rows (2 on one side and one on the left) in their fleet. These are usually regional connector jets.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,948,708 times
Quote:
Depends on the type of plane.
In most cases, it also depends on the airline's choice for a particular body. For example, I flew Air India and American Airlines (both Boeing 777) last weekend, and Air India had 3-3-3 configuration while American Airlines had 2-5-2 configuration. And I'm glad it wasn't me right in the middle of that American Airlines flight.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:58 PM

38,166 posts, read 55,994,759 times
Those 2-5-2 airplane configurations are really awful. If you are in the middle - you are stuck or PITA.
I used to want a window seat, then I "discovered" that aisle seat is way better You can stretch your legs, have more freedom when you want to get up and walk around, you can stay in the galley and chat with other passengers, or crew, or some airlines have snack/drinks set up there, you can see what's outside from the big door window (and take pictures ), and you don't need to disturb your fellow passenger every time you want to do so.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,209,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
In most cases, it also depends on the airline's choice for a particular body. For example, I flew Air India and American Airlines (both Boeing 777) last weekend, and Air India had 3-3-3 configuration while American Airlines had 2-5-2 configuration. And I'm glad it wasn't me right in the middle of that American Airlines flight.
True for wide body aircraft. This is especially true for the 777. AA's 2-5-2 sucks for the people in the 5. But I enjoy that config a lot as 99% if the time I am in the one of the "2" rows.

But for narrow body aircraft is is very rare to find different airlines having different configs. All 737s are 3-3 all DC-9s are 2-3 all A320s are 3-3 etc.. There are sometimes exceptions to certain rows for exits and such depending on how dense the airline makes the aircraft and of course there may be a first class which in narrow body planes is always 2-2.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:56 AM

6,555 posts, read 4,512,641 times
Quote:
2-3 is not that small of a plane. 2-2 or 1-2 yes. This is especially true on the CRJ. However it is small either way. I always take a window. Flights are not as fun with out a view.

I used to agree with you, until my mom put me on a window seat that overlooked the wing and the engine on a flight to Ireland, and my seatmate was asleep the whole time, so I was stuck there. Now for any flight I take that's 90 minutes or less I'll take a window because I can stay seated the whole time, 90 minutes to 2 hours I'll take either or whatever's availible and any flight over 2 hours I have gotta get an aisle just so I'm able to get up and stretch whenever I choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel