U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:36 PM

11,050 posts, read 6,199,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
If it's something you're interested in, I thought the Holocaust Museum was quite good: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. The Newseum looked like it might be interesting, but at over $20 admission I gave it a miss. I liked the FDR Memorial, at the reflecting pool. The MLK monument wasn't yet there when I was there.
I agree with you on those prices, even with getting a slight discount. I think they would attract more people if they kept the prices at a decent amount. It's like they are pricing themselves to an eventual extinction. In the not too distant future, the only people who'll be able to afford a day of sightseeing with their kids, would be some rich folks. Maybe once a month, offer their tickets at less than half the price of full admission? Like
they'll listen to melol.

Discount savings link:
Washington DC Power Pass | Pass for DC Attractions and Museums

I remember hearing something else has been closed down due to structural issues brought on by the earthquake. So, maybe check to see if the place you're going to will be open on the date/s that you plan to visit.

Hope you have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or