U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945

Advertisements

Then, the same day at the evening I went from Eindhoven to Tilburg just to enjoy another party until sunset:



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
Then, the sixth day I went to Brugge at the morning, then I drove all the way from Brugge to Calais just to see the Eurotunnel entrance at the French side, then I went near Abbeville to sleep:



Brugge, where I left my car in the outskirst, then I walked through the whole city:

[img]http://nsae02.casimages.net/img/2015/01/05/150105094558742676.jpg[img]













Belgium coast near Middelkerke:











Eurotunnel:



There was a train going towards London:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
The next day I went to Dieppe early at the morning, then D-Day beaches, then I went near Percy, (northeast of Mont Saint-Michel) to sleep:




Dieppe:


















Omaha beach:









Utah beach:







Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
The next day I went to Mont Saint-Michel, then to Saint Malo, and finally I drove south just to sleep near Angouleme, north of Bordeaux:



Mont Saint-Michel:














Saint Malo:















Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
The last day I went from north of Bordeaux to Irún just to a petrol station, then to eat in the Basque countryside, just in a mountain area east of Bilbao, then to Santander, and finally I came back home:



Some cliffs near Santander:









Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 904,262 times
Reputation: 1236
Hi there Overdrive, that's one beautiful trip you've made! I really like the pictures you took from Middelburg and Vlissingen. Brings back a lot of good memories. As a kid my parents took me there on vacations for several years. We always went to a cottage in Zoutelande, which is not far from Middelburg and Vlissingen. We always had long walks in the dunes, playing on the beach, fishing on the sea jetty's with my dad... we had some great times there.

I live near were you went near Zundert. We still have one actual working windmill there. It's open sometimes at special days. I was in one on the "old dutch occupations" day a few years back.

Which Party did you went to in Tilburg? Was it the Mundial Festival by any chance?

Those buildings in Brugge look fantastic, btw realy like that old Belgian architecture

All in all a great trip! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Hi there Overdrive, that's one beautiful trip you've made! I really like the pictures you took from Middelburg and Vlissingen. Brings back a lot of good memories. As a kid my parents took me there on vacations for several years. We always went to a cottage in Zoutelande, which is not far from Middelburg and Vlissingen. We always had long walks in the dunes, playing on the beach, fishing on the sea jetty's with my dad... we had some great times there.

I live near were you went near Zundert. We still have one actual working windmill there. It's open sometimes at special days. I was in one on the "old dutch occupations" day a few years back.

Which Party did you went to in Tilburg? Was it the Mundial Festival by any chance?

Those buildings in Brugge look fantastic, btw realy like that old Belgian architecture

All in all a great trip! Thanks for sharing
You are welcome.
Looks like Zeeland has the best largest beaches from all over Netherlands, hasn't?
I saw lot of German tourists there in Zeeland as well. In fact, I've seen so many German cars within my way in the autoroute from Midelburg to Tilburg. Seems to be that Zeeland is the nearest coastal spot from those Germans who live in the Rhine-Ruhr metropolitan area.

On the other hand, the Belgian coast near Middelkerke had not foreign tourist neither foreign cars at all, but Belgian cars and people speaking Dutch/Flemish. Looks like Walloons Belgians don't like to go there to have beach holidays, so I guess they probably like to go to the French coast near Calais or elsewhere in France. What do you think about?

Well, such party I went to in Tilburg was one called as "Dancetour". I planned to go there by the party agenda they have in Partyflock.nl.


Last edited by overdrive1979; 03-15-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 904,262 times
Reputation: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
You are welcome.
Looks like Zeeland has the best largest beaches from all over Netherlands, hasn't?
I saw lot of German tourists there in Zeeland as well. In fact, I've seen so many German cars within my way in the autoroute from Midelburg to Tilburg. Seems to be that Zeeland is the nearest coastal spot from those Germans who live in the Rhine-Ruhr metropolitan area.

On the other hand, the Belgian coast near Middelkerke had not foreign tourist neither foreign cars at all, but Belgian cars and people speaking Dutch/Flemish. Looks like Walloons Belgians don't like to go there to have beach holidays, so I guess they probably like to go to the French coast near Calais or elsewhere in France. What do you think about?

Well, such party I went to in Tilburg was one called as "Dancetour". I planned to go there by the party agenda they have in Partyflock.nl.

Yes I guess that's true Zeeland has the most beautiful beaches in the Netherlands. Most tourists go there and indeed most German. But they also go to the beaches near Den Haag, Hoek van Holland and the Dutch isles. Always lots of Germans in summertime.

I'm actually not familiar with the Belgian beaches. We go to Belgium a lot, but always in the country, in the Ardennes. I think most tourists go into the country in Belgium, not so much for the beaches, but I'm not shure though. But I'm shure Walloons would rather go to France since it's close by and overall the weather is warmer, so better for beaches, in France. Our summers are pretty short, and lots of rain.

Ah the Dancetour, that's famous in Holland. Lots of people always. Smart thing to go to a dutch site to find some entertainment.

But for beaches, you guys must have the best in Europe, considering so many tourists go your way! We got nothing compared to what you guys get
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,025 posts, read 2,572,738 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Yes I guess that's true Zeeland has the most beautiful beaches in the Netherlands. Most tourists go there and indeed most German. But they also go to the beaches near Den Haag, Hoek van Holland and the Dutch isles. Always lots of Germans in summertime.

I'm actually not familiar with the Belgian beaches. We go to Belgium a lot, but always in the country, in the Ardennes. I think most tourists go into the country in Belgium, not so much for the beaches, but I'm not shure though. But I'm shure Walloons would rather go to France since it's close by and overall the weather is warmer, so better for beaches, in France. Our summers are pretty short, and lots of rain.

Ah the Dancetour, that's famous in Holland. Lots of people always. Smart thing to go to a dutch site to find some entertainment.

But for beaches, you guys must have the best in Europe, considering so many tourists go your way! We got nothing compared to what you guys get
Beaches can be ok everywhere, so our sunny summer weather we have in southern Europe comes into play.
And yes, so many tourist go our way, even during winter. In fact, yesterday I saw nine motorhomes with Dutch plates one after the other here near my town, south of Segovia.
It's really an easy trip to go from The Netherlands to the center of Spain and the other way around because all the roads are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2015, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Polderland
1,072 posts, read 904,262 times
Reputation: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
Beaches can be ok everywhere, so our sunny summer weather we have in southern Europe comes into play.
And yes, so many tourist go our way, even during winter. In fact, yesterday I saw nine motorhomes with Dutch plates one after the other here near my town, south of Segovia.
It's really an easy trip to go from The Netherlands to the center of Spain and the other way around because all the roads are fine.
Yes I know, I drove to southern france years ago near the Spanish border. Also visited Andorra that time. Didn't have enough time to go further into spain but the roads were realy good and easy to drive.
My wife's been talking about going to Spain for years now, so we're planning to go there next year and do some touring around the country. Much of a trip like you did, to see a big part of it and visit a few towns and beaches and see some of that beautifull back country.

Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top