Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,938,669 times

Advertisements

Empire State Building, NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,938,669 times
Statue of Liberty, NYC

Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,700,706 times
Default London

Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM

1,872 posts, read 6,471,794 times
^ Einstein, I think that second shot (phone box + Big Ben) must be mandatory for all tourists in Westminster! I have several of my own.

Amalfi, Italy:

Paris, France:

Niagara Falls, Canada:

Maui, Hawaii:

San Diego, California:

Old 11-15-2011, 05:09 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,036,825 times
A small town in northern Spain, Bermeo has great public transportation system and excellent public transportation operators. One exceptionally friendly local bus driver voluntarily and happily stopped anytime he heard me oohed and aahed at the view outside the window. "Go ahead, take the picture," he said. The dozen of passengers on the bus nodded at his suggestion while smiling indulgently at my astonished expression.

The main attraction of Bermeo is the tiny island of Gaztelugatxe, connected to the mainland by a narrow footbridge. At the top (also the end) of the island is the hermitage San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, est. 9th century and dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The climb to the hermitage is based on Stations of the Cross.

Children playing tug o' war:

Dingies:

Island of Gaztelugatxe:

Island of Gaztelugatxe:

Footbridge to the island:

Footbridge to the island:

The climb to the hermitage:

First station in the Stations of the Cross on the climb to the hermitage:

[Supposedly] St. John the Baptist's footprint along the climb:

Hermitage:

Don't forget to ring the bell:

Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,700,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
^ Einstein, I think that second shot (phone box + Big Ben) must be mandatory for all tourists in Westminster! I have several of my own.
Yep! Along with those other two on the side. And I found this neglected guy, unique in its own ways, somewhere near Trafalgar Square:

Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,319,328 times
While on holiday in Poland in 2009 I walked across the border into Slovakia as far as a village called Sucha Hora.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:56 PM

4,795 posts, read 12,321,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Wanderer View Post
A small town in northern Spain, Bermeo has great public transportation system and excellent public transportation operators. One exceptionally friendly local bus driver voluntarily and happily stopped anytime he heard me oohed and aahed at the view outside the window. "Go ahead, take the picture," he said. The dozen of passengers on the bus nodded at his suggestion while smiling indulgently at my astonished expression.

The main attraction of Bermeo is the tiny island of Gaztelugatxe, connected to the mainland by a narrow footbridge. At the top (also the end) of the island is the hermitage San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, est. 9th century and dedicated to St. John the Baptist. The climb to the hermitage is based on Stations of the Cross.
What an absolutely incredible looking place. Thanks for sharing it. I have never heard of it before.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:15 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,036,825 times
Located south of Antofagasta and north of Valparaíso in Chile, Chañaral is completely unspoiled town with neither high rise nor tourist attraction, and though it is a coastal town, it's not a seaside resort due to the presence of copper mines.

Nearby, Pan de Azúcar National Park is the pride of both Antofagasta and Atacama regions, but its harshness and isolation does not exactly appeal to tourists, especially when they learn that the only living things in the park are cacti, coyotes, and Chilla foxes. Had they given it a chance as we did, they might have found that its stark beauty was worth their time.

Copper train track:

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 11-21-2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 PM

2,518 posts, read 5,319,328 times
The Port Jefferson NY to Bridgeport CT ferry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel