U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 PM

8,034 posts, read 2,817,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
There are two kinds of pedestrians in Rome: the quick and the dead.
There's a third kind... those who hang close to a nun when crossing the road. Italians will never run over a nun! And nuns are not hard to find in Rome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM

318 posts, read 642,773 times
Thanks again for all of the ideas from everyone who posted. Toosie, I think you are my personal savior - great recommendations! I am looking into the Taste of Florence tour. So far, it looks like nobody has signed up for the dates that I'm there, so I'm hoping there is a tour while I'm there. There's another company that does something similar, Florence for Foodies, which was also highly rated on TripAdvisor. I hope I can get on one of these food tours, as they sound extremely helpful.

I'm going to do a couple of guided tours for the major museums. While I find art and art history interesting, I admit that I don't know much about these subjects, so I think a tour might be well worth it. I will leave plenty of free time open though, so I can either stay in Florence and poke around or go to a neighboring town. It's hard to decide which one. Some seem to prefer Siena while others are Lucca fans. And I still wouldn't mind doing the touristy thing and see the Tower of Pisa

Can't believe it's almost time to head to Italy!

Old 01-07-2017, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 329 times
Default Luggage storage in Rome Termini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
and yes they have places to keep luggage at the stations.
Luggage storages are often overcrowded in the main railway stations. For example in Rome Termini there's always a long line out of the luggage storage door. But there's a valid alternative called Bagbnb, a luggage storage network active in all the main Italian cities. You can go on the website, find the closest sorage and book it online. Check this [url]https://bagbnb.com/luggage-storage/rome[/url]

Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 PM

7,096 posts, read 3,457,793 times
Take a break while in Rome...you'll appreciate getting away from the whirlwind that is Rome.

I highly recommend Orvieto, take the train from Rome in 90 minutes. The shopping there is wonderful, as are the sights. Best eateries too. We have used Orvieto as a jumping off point for driving trips into Tuscany and Umbria.

Here's a good description.
Day trips from Rome: Orvieto | The Beehive

Old 01-09-2017, 04:37 PM

335 posts, read 296,881 times
We spent 2 weeks in Italy and LOVED Lucca. We spent four days there and are planning to go back. You can rent bikes and ride around the medieval wall to see the countryside. It was our favorite place in Italy by far.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:23 AM

29,546 posts, read 16,478,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I am debating whether to bring my laptop. I don't want to lose it but worry that there aren't many places for me to use the internet.
I always take my laptop. I can't leave home without it. We were in China for three weeks last year and I was glad to have my laptop.

Internet access shouldn't be a problem.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 AM

8,576 posts, read 11,067,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I always take my laptop. I can't leave home without it. We were in China for three weeks last year and I was glad to have my laptop.

Internet access shouldn't be a problem.

Either they're the world's longest planners, or the trip is done. The thread is six years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or