Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:24 AM

2 posts, read 27,919 times

Advertisements

Cause i would like to travel to the USA so i wanna know some lifestyle and culture about USA.

______________________---
Moderator cut: website

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 08-25-2007 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 09:04 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,151 times
The US is widely diverse culturally, both from coast to coast as well as locally in major metros. There enough are lifestyles within the US to suit most any preference, within the law.

If you want to visit, make plans according the time limits. If your visit is short, you may want to focus on one or two major metros. It would be impossible to see all parts of the US in a short stay.

Don't forget Canada where Montreal is the largest french speaking city in the english speaking world...

Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 AM

448 posts, read 1,855,276 times
This nation is so vast, that you would need to specify an area (city, state) so we could give you more details about that particular area. We are a diverse country with many different people from all walks of life leaving one next to the other.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM

13 posts, read 43,104 times
This summer I was in US and I got a lot of impressions after this trip!
1.Be careful at night! Cause American cities plunge in uncontrollable chaos every night! So, try to avoid walk by night, especially if you’re alone! I know what I’m saying, cause I was robbed this summer!
2.I don’t know where you’re from, but I guess it’s gonna be another continent. Be ready to adapt to their food! As far as I’m concerned it was really hard! I live in Europe and we have pretty different type of food here than in US. Prior to my trip I’ve knew that Americans prefer fast food, but anyway it’s completely different food even in comparison with the same kind in Europe.
3.As it was mentioned all Americans are different! It depends on territory where they live. You will noticed that, if you are going to see at least couple of states!
4.It’s easy to get acquainted with Americans! If you need some help, you’ll find it! Just ask people!

Old 08-30-2007, 03:00 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
This summer I was in US and I got a lot of impressions after this trip!
1.Be careful at night! Cause American cities plunge in uncontrollable chaos every night!

2.I don’t know where you’re from, but I guess it’s gonna be another continent. Be ready to adapt to their food! As far as I’m concerned it was really hard!
?????

Are you sure you weren't in Mexico?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:12 PM

187 posts, read 613,749 times
I dont know where konstantin was, but I live in Colorado and I walk at night all the time and feel very safe! You must have been in LA

Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 AM

13 posts, read 43,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurbell View Post
I dont know where konstantin was, but I live in Colorado and I walk at night all the time and feel very safe! You must have been in LA
No, I've been in Birmingham, AL. And I heard the same things 'bout New York, Chicago and LA too.
Perhaps it was wrong suggestion about all states, but I guess it really spreading!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I have to say I have always felt safe in the US even at night. Obviously there are some bad neighbourhoods and muggings and such will happen but generally speaking I think it's fine.

Food wise I only had one bad meal in the US ( and I have had a lot more in Europe), I think it's a question of chosing the right place to eat. Yes there are a lot of horrid fast food places ( the choice can be bewildering actually to a European) but the restaurants I have experienced were all very good from simple and cheap home-style food to very grand Michelin star places. I found so many places which prided themselves in simple and fresh ingredients and the baked goods were outstanding. You just need to be discerning but once again on the whole American restaurants are pretty good.

I have always found Americans to be friendly and very open to foreigners, and very welcoming. I love the melting pot and in big cities all the different ethnic neighbourhoods. Americans seem more positive and more optimistic than Europeans do , and I also love the mobility which they enjoy.

To me the strangest thing though is how many people have never been out of the US and it is quite endearing sometimes to hear comments about old Europe.

America is a HUGE and beautiful place with so many varied aspects of it , you would need about 6 lives to truly do it justice. The scenery alone will take your breath away, from the rugged sea coasts of New England and Northern California to the deserts, the stunning beauty of the Rockies , the Great Lakes , the Mid-West, the Deep South, etc...

It is common for Europeans to assume there is no history in the US but it is a complete fallacy. From Native American archaeology ( the Serpent mounds of Cahokia, Puebls of the Hopi and Navajos people , Petroglyphs etc...) ,and 400 years of fantastic architecture and history, there is just so much to see and do.

Chicago, Boston, New York, San Francisco,Charleston, Savannah,Philadelphia, Washington are all fabulous cities to explore as are many others.

America really is a world jewel and deserves many big long visits to enjoy its many beauties.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,305,408 times
Moosketeer, I love what you said.

sophiamin, there's no single place in the US that will define American culture. America is vastly different from region to region, just like Europe is different from country to country. For instance, California, New York, and Texas couldn't be more different. The scenery, cuisine, accents and customs vary from place to place.

I recommend doing some research on specific places, and decide where you want to go from there. The time of year you visit also plays a big part in your decision. For instance, you probably wouldn't want to visit south Texas in the middle of August, and Alaska in the dead of winter might not be such a great idea, either. On the flip side, fall is a great time to visit New England.

Once you've decided on a region or two, do even more research on those specific places.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:21 AM

5 posts, read 13,335 times
l have had some american tourists friends in this summer and we always had spoken with them.By the way they always say to me.american people's behaviour usually is very rude.Always they say to foreign visitors and americans "dont touch me,get away,ı am very busy,ı dont want to speak with you" actually are american people so?or how are them behaviour?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel