U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:45 AM

12 posts, read 17,398 times

Advertisements

go to Singapore for holiday you will enjoy alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,697 posts, read 40,084,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
While I truly enjoy Singapore for their many varieties of holidays, I find it difficult to rank as "romantic." It is educationally superior to experience a 'taste' of many culture's celebrations. (And not a bad place to send your kids to primary and secondary school )

Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,256,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
I lived there for a year and half..... It is not on my list of romantic places..... though it is close to some nice places in Thailand and the only reason we stayed as long as we did..

Romantic - really is down to a combination of location, atmosphere and company.
Having dinner with husband in view of the lit up Portala Palace after 3 days of serious altitude sickness at everest base camp..... sharing an umbrella walking back after dinner along the River Seine..... eating hot fondue in the Swiss mountains outside and snuggling under a blanket... picnic in the sunshine just about anywhere....Sharing a glass of Gluhwein at the christmas markets in Austria..... aahhhhh..

Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,303,971 times
Interesting to read the different forms and definitions of 'romantic' here. Certainly broadened my horizons!

For me, Venice on a foggy winter day is romantic in a mysterious way. The 'aqua alta' floods needn't spoil it - we were there one year when the Xmas tree in San Marco Square was about to be erected. The city workers arrived on their barge, unloaded the tree and only then saw that San Marco was flooded. They made a great show of exclaiming and hands being thrown around, until one (we think he was the apprentice) grabbed the trolley with the tree and raced through the water to the stand. Not romantic in itself maybe, but hubby and I shared a lot of laughter, and have never forgotten it. Aside from that, it's a beautiful city.

A full-moon night is special just about anywhere, especially over water. We saw a gorgeous moonrise over the Mississippi in New Orleans a few months ago. Shared experiences like that can bring you much closer together.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Interesting to read the different forms and definitions of 'romantic' here. Certainly broadened my horizons!

For me, ...
Under the 20cm FLUFF of a down comforter in Swiss Chalet an a hill above the small town.

Snow falling, church chiming every 1/2 hr, cattle bells donging.

or....

Under the palms on a South Pacific Island Beach (blue water and sky)

or

A night In a Mtn Cabin next to a rippling brook.

or
Alone in a ski Lodge (BTDT)

or evening alone on the 'misting' patio of a Palm Desert resort

Or

in an outdoor hot springs during falling snow.

(the list goes on ) Grassy meadows, picnics, and flowing sun dresses have a certain romance

Each to their own, glad we are all different!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:17 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,303,971 times
I'll gladly take any of those, Stealth. ^

Old 12-20-2011, 01:27 PM

OK, I'm ready for some more ideas.... Don't need fancy, just 'special / secretive / feeling of; "I'm so Glad I have come here"("and brought YOU of course"...' Do not forget that line

Anyone every done Banff / Lake Louise, is there a preferred romantic way / time of yr to experience this. I don't do 'romance' real well with crowds.

How about Cook Islands? (there are many 'side trips/ islands', which one gets me to 'solitude paradise', no / few tourists, just quiet, restful locals?)

Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 AM

28 posts, read 29,128 times
Easy: Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
peaceful and beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or