U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:09 PM

209 posts, read 359,135 times

Advertisements

I've never left the country but was looking at a MegaBus trip to Toronto. It costs 135 dollars just for the passport! If money is tight or you are on the lower end of the wage scale, this is a huge expense. A passport should cost 50 bucks or similar to cost of a drivers license.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:46 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,588,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel81 View Post
@Ol' Wanderer: Could you or anyone else please post the links to the two threads about African Americans and travel you were referring to?

I saw your original inquiry, but I have not been able to reply because I need to search for the threads. I have no idea what the titles were, only remember that there were several posters (African Americans) who explained the reasons they prefer travelling within the States, to the islands (Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Jamaica, etc.), or with the cruise lines instead of to other continents.

As soon as I find the threads, I will post the links, but please be patient in case it takes me a while.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM

212 posts, read 281,588 times
I aint going anywhere that I can't take my pistol. It used to be that I could show a letter saying that I was competing in a match someplace, and as long as the guns and ammp were in checked luggage, nobody cared. now it's a horrible hassle and theft risk, and I have no need at all to see other countries. I know from how nearly everyone tries to come HERE that I dont want to live THERE. So why visit those places? :-)

Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,476,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silfwer View Post
and almost every Swede have visited Germany, Spain, UK, Italy, Greece & France before the age of 10
I travel quite a bit, inside the US and out.

However, in Europe, traveling from one country to another is like traveling from one state to another in the States. Its relatively cheap and easy to hop a train and hit several countries in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or