Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 09:08 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,995,583 times

Advertisements

Maybe ..

If its a Pre-Paid Non/Cancelable Then Yes.

If you can cancel by X time / Date Then No. If you don't cancel then they will charge your CC (Normally for one night, but different hotel have different terms, could be for a few night charge)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 02:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,014 times
Hi I stayed at a hotel in November and just today (February 7th) received a charge for not returning pool towels. (We absolutely returned the pool towels, no doubt). How long is a hotel allowed to continue to make charges on your card after you've checked out. It's been almost 3 months since our stay! And I feel this charge is fraudulent.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 929 times
I reported my debit card stolen after I discovered a nonrefundable hotel room had been booked. I called an tried to explain it to this hotel at no prevail. They said my debit card would be charged the full amount if I was a no show. Wth I don't even know where I'm going! Help!

Old 04-15-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammykool20 View Post
I reported my debit card stolen after I discovered a nonrefundable hotel room had been booked. I called an tried to explain it to this hotel at no prevail. They said my debit card would be charged the full amount if I was a no show. Wth I don't even know where I'm going! Help!
The above reason is why you DON'T use a debit card, You use a credit card. You are fighting to get your money back, not the bank's money.

Just about every banks Debit Card if they are MasterCard or Visa Logo'ed give 0 dollar protection, in the event of fraud, or stolen card, File a Written report with your bank, They have to give you a credit while they investigate. File a Police Report. Forget talking to he hotel, Deal with your bank.

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/abou...onditions.html
https://usa.visa.com/support/consume...-benefits.html

Old 07-18-2016, 11:00 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
How can I book a reservation at a hotel and pay it out before I arrive so all I have to worry about is the incidentals when I get to Vegas?

Old 07-19-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbanndic838 View Post
How can I book a reservation at a hotel and pay it out before I arrive so all I have to worry about is the incidentals when I get to Vegas?
You Can't Just about every Hotel will want a Credit Card to cover them, Just don't buy anything that is "incidental" and you will be ok.

Just a warning, most hotels in Vega$ have a "Resort" fee per night that is not normally in the room rate that is displayed on the booking websites, that often is added on @ check-in. Most are $10+ per night, in addition to Taxes (Many Sales Taxes, Room Tax, Convention Tax ... Etc)

Old 07-20-2016, 11:09 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,994 times
This thread has a lot of one post wonders asking silly questions. Wonder why?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,011,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
This thread has a lot of one post wonders asking silly questions. Wonder why?
When I go to Google and search "Using credit card at hotels" this is one of the first links. So its probably just people searching something along those lines, finding CD and registering just to ask their one question.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:19 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbanndic838 View Post
Most hotels are glad to give you a no-refunds prepaid rate at about the same price as a AAA/AARP discount. But you still have to use a credit card to pay that amount.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:42 AM

7 posts, read 5,356 times
If it is a third party reservation like Expedia etc. We charge ExpediaS c/c upon check-in and take a second c/c(the guest) and use that only for incidentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel