Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times

Advertisements

We just left a hotel on Friday and they over charged us so my boyfriend called the front desk and got it taken care of but the charge on our debit card completely went away, its not pending the money wasn't taken out or anything, does this mean it will go through later on? Or did we just get a room for free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 02:20 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,995,583 times
Odds are on Monday when the accounting/back off people are in, it will get put back on to your card.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,441 times
Default Voided

I have a question, I used a different credit card while I booked a hotel room, I checked out the same day but the next day I realized I used the card that I was not suposed to, I went to hotel and paid in cash, the amount which was pending in that card returned to my card, I don't want any paper statement to show that I booked a hotel room with that card, do you know if a return/voided transaction still show up in my next paper statement from my bank? or not?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,995,583 times
Yes, If they ran the card, and it charged your credit card account, then you went back and re-ran the card to credit the room back to the credit card account (then paid it in cash) , it will show both charge then then the credit.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,389 times
I am not 18 yet, so can I use my mother's credit card for the prepayment(advanced purchase)? But my mom won't show up at the hotel, can I just take my ID, the copy of my mom's ID and the card I use for prepayment when I check-in? Will they let me check-in?

Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenny21 View Post
I am not 18 yet, so can I use my mother's credit card for the prepayment(advanced purchase)? But my mom won't show up at the hotel, can I just take my ID, the copy of my mom's ID and the card I use for prepayment when I check-in? Will they let me check-in?
A lot of hotels will not rent rooms to minors, regardless of how you are paying the bill.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,123 times
I'm going with my boyfriend to a hotel in Atlantic and he's going to pay, I also have to show my id or just his?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,782,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowrose7 View Post
I'm going with my boyfriend to a hotel in Atlantic and he's going to pay, I also have to show my id or just his?
If it's his credit card being used, it would be his ID they would need.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,919 times
When you come to check into the hotel we need a credit card and a photo ID. The names on the credit card and the photo ID need to match. This is done to fight credit fraud. Often people will say, "We'll I gave them the credit card over the phone or that their relative or friend put a Credit Card down on the room and thus why do we need a credit card?" Again it is all to combat credit card fraud. When we take a c/c over the phone for a reservation it is only to hold the room but now at the check in time. We need the card there physically in order to check you into the room.

Question: I booked a reservation online to a hotel in Las Vegas and went ahead and paid the total amount for the stay and taxes, I paid with my debit card. Upon check-in, can the person I am going with put his credit card for the incidental charges instead of mine?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:33 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegas14 View Post

Question: I booked a reservation online to a hotel in Las Vegas and went ahead and paid the total amount for the stay and taxes, I paid with my debit card. Upon check-in, can the person I am going with put his credit card for the incidental charges instead of mine?
1. Depends on the hotel policy, but nearky always, the answer is Yes,

2, Depends on the attitude abd generosity of the person who is checking in with you. (Evil grin emoticon)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel