U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,842,515 times

Advertisements

We are heading to Atlantis for vacation next week and was wondering if anyone has gone recently and would be willing to share their thoughts. I know the food is crazy expensive so any ideas on doing this trip sanely would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM

2,536 posts, read 8,124,976 times
From my limited experience (one meal when staying on the island but not at Atlantis) the food is not only crazy expensive, it is also not very good.

I would recommend getting a taxi and heading away from the resort to see the Straw Market. you should also go to Arawak Cay on Sunday night for "da fish fry" and a serious party with the locals. If you're with kids, go early for the food and head back to the resort before it gets too late and too crazy.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM

4,836 posts, read 10,188,748 times
The food is alright. I did find their expensive restuarants to be very good though. But yes food is pretty expensive. There is a small shopping center on Paridise Island very close to the resort they is a place to eat there which is bit cheaper and also small store and stuff like that so I you want to buy snacks or drinks buy them there. Also at the Sunrise Beach Villas there is a bar/restaurant called Violas, not sure how the prices are but probably cheaper than Atlantis and last time I was there the food was pretty decent. A very laid back place with some locals too.

I also suggest going to the main island for some food, especially a seafood dinner. Search online there are plenty of good places to eat. If you want good food in the Bahamas seafood is of course the way to go.

I always enjoy a trip to Atlantis, its a great resort and besides for the high food prices I never have any complaints. Just don't eat pizza at the resort that is the one thing I would warn you not to do. Prices for that are insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or