Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,817,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Pretty good deals: Free Single Supplement offer applies only to
May 1 & Jun 10 (Danube) & May 20 (Russia) departures.
Reserve by March 30, 2012 to qualify for the early booking discount.
FREE single supplement on select Danube & Russia River cruises | smarTours
Always looking for good deals on single supplements, which can be budget busters. Re: these smartour cruises you had mentioned, kind of a mixed bag for reviews:

Consumer complaints about smarTours

Any reduced or free single supplements are always worth checking out. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
USAA has discounts of up to 25% on rental cars from Enterprise, Herts, AVIS, Budget. A couple of brands also waive the Loss Damage Waiver fee which covers the first $5k then USAA covers the rest. Also if you are a USAA member under 25 the young driver surcharge is waived.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Default Greyhound Express $2 Roundtrip YMMV

Hopefully i'm not too late posting to City Data for this promotion from another person:

Greyhound Express $2 Roundtrip YMMV $1 each way between major cities on greyhound by booking 3 weeks ahead (promotional and for a limited time, so hurry). They're promoting their "Express" line which uses the newer buses with leather seats, wifi, more legroom. The "Express" routes don't stop at small towns so you get to your destination faster. They've always had a few schedules a day like this but now they've allocated the new buses to them. For trips closer than 3 weeks out, it's still significantly cheaper than before. However, can't beat one dollar each way!!
For example, you can go between Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, for $1 each way (normal price is $75 San Antonio to Dallas roundtrip). I think they have a certain number of tickets allotted for each price point. When it sells out at a certain price point, it steps up to the next one ($1, $5, $9, $20, etc)

Make sure the cities BOTH have word EXPRESS in search. "Dallas Express, TX" is not same as "Dallas, TX". I see lots of $1 dates.
Make sure you're using the link and searching EXPRESS schedules

https://www.greyhound.com/Express/Default.aspx

$2 Round Trip Bus San Diego/Los Angeles

I wanted to let you guys in So Cal know about Crucero-USA buses than run from Downtown LA to San Diego. And San Diego to Los Angeles

$1 each way. Must Book 7 days in advance. .99 cents 'convenience fee'. Hope that doesn't ruin the deal for you.

If $1 fares are not available, then the next available fare is $5 each way. Still a decent deal.

I've used these buses plenty of times. If you book through greyhound, you still end up in these buses. I found myself talking to people who paid 20 bucks or more for the same trip, same bus. They were shocked to find out that I only paid $1 each way.

http://www.crucero-usa.com/

USE a CREDIT CARD to check out. In my experience, they have trouble accepting debit cards.

Last edited by JL; 05-26-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
wimdu.com is like airbnb.com.
Many of the accommodations are the same so people are registering on both.
Good prices in prime locations.

On a side note, I just got a 39Euro flight from Munich to London round trip.
The dreaded RyanAir.
If I don't feel like going, it's not a big enough loss to be worried about it.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Southwest Airlines 50% off Round Trip "wanna get away" Today Only for select dates As posted on Facebook:

FAN FLASH SALE: We’ve reached three million Facebook Fans! Celebrate by using the promo code LUV2LIKE when booking on southwest.com to receive 50% off roundtrip “Wanna Get Away” fares for seven specific travel dates this fall! The offer lasts until 11:59pm (PST) TONIGHT! http://social.southwest.com/OYX

Terms and Conditions

The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box in order to receive 50% discount on the valid travel dates listed below.
50% discount valid for one-time use on a single reservation which can include up to eight people and is only valid if purchase is made on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com.
Discount is valid only on new reservations and purchase must be made on August 3, 2012 for travel on 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/31, or 11/6/12.
50% discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
Roundtrip Required.
Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards points.
Discount is not valid on Jackpot or Southwest Vacation package deals
Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:25 AM

228 posts, read 1,000,523 times
I had been checking flights/hotels for February trip to Honolulu. Since I usually cruise, I checked them all,then decided to check on VacationsToGo website where I usually find good cruise prices. After a couple of weeks of this, I finally found one I could live with, and it happened to be with VTG..so I called to make the reservations,and the lady says, let me see if you found the best price..much to my delight, she said no, I see another price here! I got it for another $800. less than what I was willing to pay!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Southwest Airlines:

Offers 35% off Select Flights with Travel when you apply promo code THANKYOU. Travel must occur 1/29, 1/30, 2/13, 2/19, 2/20, 2/26, 2/27, or 3/5. Flights must be booked today.
Note: Other exclusions may apply, see promo page for details.

Southwest Airlines | Book Flights, Airline Tickets, Airfare

Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Really good deals for luxury China tours on Groupon right now. 8 night / 10 day tour of Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai with airfare from and to SFO or LAX included, only $1,199 pp.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 PM

Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airlines are offering Select One-Way Flights from as low as $49 when you book your travel through 2/7/13. Travel must occur between April 3 through June 8, 2013. Sunday travel is excluded and Blackout dates apply.

If you are traveling Southwest through May 15, 2013, you can earn Double Points on your flight(s).
  • For travel up to 500 miles, fares are $49 one-way
  • For travel 501 to 1,000 miles, fares are $89 one-way
  • For travel 1,001 to 1,500 miles, fares are $119 one-way
  • For travel 1,501+ miles, fares are $149 one-way

Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Excellent deals on Carnival cruise ships in April:

$189 / person for 4-day Western Caribbean, including stops in Key West and Cozumel, departing from Miami
$444 / person for 7-day Caribbean, including stops in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Martin, St. Kitts, and St. Lucia, departing from San Juan, PR
$449 / person for 7-day Caribbean, including stops in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, departing from New Orleans
$629 / person for 8-day Caribbean departing from Ft. Lauderdale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel