Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,053,200 times

Advertisements

Plebes from all over the Upper Midwest take family vacations in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, mainly for its waterparks, both indoors and outdoors.

It was the first vacation I planned at the age of 7 in 1994. That was the summer I learned how to swim. I chose our accommodation (I actually counted the amenities and features, while trying to stay within a price range), and chose our attractions and waterpark. Unfortunately, we did not visit Riverview, but rather Familyland, perhaps for price considerations.

There were three big outdoor waterparks at the time of our first visit.

I fondly remember the wave pools and waterslides, as well as the racing on the go-cart track.

We went again in February 2001. By that time, an indoor water park had been created. I took pictures on my new digital camera, but they were lost.

What are some similar destinations? "Non-cultural" destinations that some thumb their noses down upon (but probably really would have fun in) mainly patronized by hard-working Americans and their families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM

16,365 posts, read 30,079,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
We went again in February 2001. By that time, an indoor water park had been created. I took pictures on my new digital camera, but they were lost.

What are some similar destinations? "Non-cultural" destinations that some thumb their noses down upon (but probably really would have fun in) mainly patronized by hard-working Americans and their families?

Sandusky, Ohio - Cedar Point Amusement park, water parks (indoor and out), lakes.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,053,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Sandusky, Ohio - Cedar Point Amusement park, water parks (indoor and out), lakes.
I've always wanted to go there, to Cedar Point that is.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:53 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,093,913 times
Branson, Missouri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel