U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 PM

9,265 posts, read 10,930,234 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I'm off to the Cabo Riu Santa Fe soon and want to get an idea of what to take. I've stayed at some pretty nice resorts in the Caribbean where we really did dress for dinner, but I've never been to a Mexican all-inclusive, or any all-inclusive for that matter. I'm thinking sundresses at dinner, but some dresses are more casual than others. What do you think?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 AM

13,108 posts, read 24,920,196 times
Very casual....I was there a few years ago

Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Very casual....I was there a few years ago
Super! Thank you! Did you like it? I'm usually more of a small hotel and get out and mix it up in town person, but my companion just wants laze around for 4 days, so all-inclusive it is this time.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Super! Thank you! Did you like it? I'm usually more of a small hotel and get out and mix it up in town person, but my companion just wants laze around for 4 days, so all-inclusive it is this time.
It was ok nothing too fancy, the pool was great, food typical all inclusive fare, certainly not gourmet but a variety and good. If you plan on going into town you will need a taxi..the hotel will get you one and you should do that at least once. Unless you don't mind stairs see if you can get a first floor room as there are no elevators and I believe the property is 3 floors

Perfect for just lounging, kicking back & relaxing.

We had gone during the swine flu scare, hotel was empty so they kind of moved everyone closer to the big pool by the ocean as the smaller one they closed..can't blame them and it worked for us
Best flight I ever took...only 37 people on board and they couldn't cancel as the flight was full coming out of Cabo.

Getting towards the middle of June, Cabo can start to get hotter than the hinges of hell this time of year!!

ENJOY

Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
It was ok nothing too fancy, the pool was great, food typical all inclusive fare, certainly not gourmet but a variety and good. If you plan on going into town you will need a taxi..the hotel will get you one and you should do that at least once. Unless you don't mind stairs see if you can get a first floor room as there are no elevators and I believe the property is 3 floors

Perfect for just lounging, kicking back & relaxing.

We had gone during the swine flu scare, hotel was empty so they kind of moved everyone closer to the big pool by the ocean as the smaller one they closed..can't blame them and it worked for us
Best flight I ever took...only 37 people on board and they couldn't cancel as the flight was full coming out of Cabo.

Getting towards the middle of June, Cabo can start to get hotter than the hinges of hell this time of year!!

ENJOY
Thank you for all the info! Sounds perfect for this trip. I'm in Dallas, very used to heat! We do plan on hitting town at least once. We also want to take one of the water taxis over to the arch. I mean, you have to do that, right? I've heard some people try to help you out of the water taxi when you get there and then want to be paid. My boyfriend is Hispanic and speaks Spanish so I'm thinking this won't be as big of a problem for us? Thanks for all the info!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Thank you for all the info! Sounds perfect for this trip. I'm in Dallas, very used to heat! We do plan on hitting town at least once. We also want to take one of the water taxis over to the arch. I mean, you have to do that, right? I've heard some people try to help you out of the water taxi when you get there and then want to be paid. My boyfriend is Hispanic and speaks Spanish so I'm thinking this won't be as big of a problem for us? Thanks for all the info!
Yes the water taxi to the arch is nice..once it goes around the arch to the Pacific the surf gets a bit choppy. I don't recall anyone helping us out but all around the marina there are hawkers...just keep walking...lol..keep walking out of the airport too, don't get caught up in the time share sharks...

Enjoy your trip...Cabo is one of the few places I've been I would like to revisit

Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Yes the water taxi to the arch is nice..once it goes around the arch to the Pacific the surf gets a bit choppy. I don't recall anyone helping us out but all around the marina there are hawkers...just keep walking...lol..keep walking out of the airport too, don't get caught up in the time share sharks...

Enjoy your trip...Cabo is one of the few places I've been I would like to revisit
Thanks again. I've heard about the time share sharks!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:

Thank you so much for all the advice! Just got back. Really loved it. I took two very casual sundresses and I felt comfortable at the special restaurants. We took the public bus to town and never felt uneasy. We also took the water taxi to Lovers Beach. That was incredible!

The beachside pool was amusing to us (we're "old", LOL), but we really enjoyed the other pool. Loved the staff. Boy they work hard!

Thanks again!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,802,579 times
Santa Fe was an awesome experience, especially with the adobe buildings.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much for all the advice! Just got back. Really loved it. I took two very casual sundresses and I felt comfortable at the special restaurants. We took the public bus to town and never felt uneasy. We also took the water taxi to Lovers Beach. That was incredible!

The beachside pool was amusing to us (we're "old", LOL), but we really enjoyed the other pool. Loved the staff. Boy they work hard!

Thanks again!
So glad you had a good time!! It is one place I would go again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel