Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,124 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't mind seeing western Europe again but I'm far more interested in eastern Europe like Estonia, Romania, Moldova, Slovakia, Lithuania and Poland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM

4,786 posts, read 10,599,618 times
Odd/dumb question, imo...esp for a '1st post'. What are the OP's, or anyone's criteria for "1st world countries"?

I have been to many countries, ('1st, 2nd & 3rd world') and enjoyed them all...there are a few places I will not get to/don't care to, but don't get the point. If someone does not want to go/won't get to a '1st world country', why would any of us care?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,683,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Uh ... Not really .... I would think many of the first world countries in Europe are different from what we are used to here in the US in terms of culture, architecture, cuisine and language ...
Like going to a new mall, ta da

Old 06-16-2012, 03:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,913,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's like Mall shopping, they're all the same

Not really true... but to each their own.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:01 AM
JL

8,520 posts, read 14,525,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
There are lots of great things to see and do here in the US but considering that you are in Brisbane, I can understand you not wanting to do the long flight I plan one day to visit Australia but the long flight is what's holding me back as I dunno how I can manage to keep sane on a 14+ hour flight
Take a couple of Ambien and you should be knocked out for most of the flight..

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing western Europe again but I'm far more interested in eastern Europe like Estonia, Romania, Moldova, Slovakia, Lithuania and Poland.
Some travel agents i've talked to have mentioned that E. Europe should be traveled now as prices are good. Once it becomes very popular....the plane tickets, hotel accommodations, etc. are gonna get pretty high from what they told me.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:16 PM

7,722 posts, read 12,611,442 times
I'm not interested in visiting most European countries. I went to France, got my camera stolen, and I've never been interested in coming back ever since. There are too many damn thieves and gypsies. The only country in Europe I'm remotely interested in visiting is Switzerland. Besides that, I'm pretty much done with Europe. It's overrated anyway.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:44 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Some travel agents i've talked to have mentioned that E. Europe should be traveled now as prices are good. Once it becomes very popular....the plane tickets, hotel accommodations, etc. are gonna get pretty high from what they told me.
Yes, this is why my wife and I are seriously contemplating next spring as our launch date for the countries that I listed.

We are planning on being gone for approx 10 weeks.

We've been saving for this trip for awhile now and recently sold a piece of property to make this a reality much sooner.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,859,956 times
Australia- awfully biased because I'm from there originally. I have no intention of ever going back though, even as a vacation. It bored me to tears for the first 22 years of my life, and the concept of it still does.

I've been enthralled by all of the Asian countries I've visited (1st world and otherwise) and I've enjoyed every bit of Europe, along with South American countries I've visited (1st world and otherwise). Obviously I live in, and love the United States.

Australia is just so isolated, and doesn't offer anything of interest to me, that I couldn't get better somewhere else.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:59 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,738,854 times
In general this thread I find really weird. I can't imagine why someone would exclude parts of the world. Yes, there are places I'm not particularly interested in visiting, and places that I refuse to visit for political reasons (China, Israel, Saudi Arabia for example). I guess I should feel, as a Canadian, that I should exclude Australia as being boring since it's just another first world country (really second world, you know.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
There's nowhere I am not interested in, speaking broadly. Saying that everything is the same is a really limited viewpoint. The USA alone is vastly different from region to region (and many urban dwellers will agree that it can vary from block to block).
Yes! I agree that the States and North America are full of treasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Like going to a new mall, ta da
Europe? Not really. Have you actually spent time in Europe? Nothing could be further than the truth.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,268,971 times
[quote=Wwanderer;24787486]In general this thread I find really weird. I can't imagine why someone would exclude parts of the world. Yes, there are places I'm not particularly interested in visiting, and places that I refuse to visit for political reasons (China, Israel, Saudi Arabia for example). I guess I should feel, as a Canadian, that I should exclude Australia as being boring since it's just another first world country (really second world, you know.)

quote]

WTF??????????

I have no desire to go to Canada nor the UK.

Canadians talk funny and its too damn cold, ditto the UK.

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel