Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
There's nowhere I am not interested in, speaking broadly. Saying that everything is the same is a really limited viewpoint. The USA alone is vastly different from region to region (and many urban dwellers will agree that it can vary from block to block).
Yes, definitely. Inwardly people are the same, but externally they are not. Climate and microclimates, language and accents, traditions, diet, the variety in our globe is endless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
In general this thread I find really weird.
I agree, but it (weird opinions/threads) happens from time to time in this forum.
Quote:
I can't imagine why someone would exclude parts of the world. Yes, there are places I'm not particularly interested in visiting, and places that I refuse to visit for political reasons (China, Israel, Saudi Arabia for example).
I'm never going to visit the Galapagos or Antarctica because I simply do not want to contribute to their destruction (it's just a touristic line I've drawn.)
But I really can't think of any place that does not interest me at all.
Some are more feasible than others, and that's how I operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Which 1st/highly developed countries do you have no interest in going to?
Already done europe (several times).
Snoooooooze.

Maybe Paris again. But only to show my wife and son (who have not been).

Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,010 times
[quote=MsAnnThrope;24787580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
In general this thread I find really weird. I can't imagine why someone would exclude parts of the world. Yes, there are places I'm not particularly interested in visiting, and places that I refuse to visit for political reasons (China, Israel, Saudi Arabia for example). I guess I should feel, as a Canadian, that I should exclude Australia as being boring since it's just another first world country (really second world, you know.)

quote]

WTF??????????

I have no desire to go to Canada nor the UK.

Canadians talk funny and its too damn cold, ditto the UK.

LOL.
I was basically responding to the Aussie poster who said they had no interest in visiting the US or Canada. So I was being ironic. I'd love to visit Australia. Parts of the UK are some of my favorite places in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I'm never going to visit the Galapagos or Antarctica because I simply do not want to contribute to their destruction (it's just a touristic line I've drawn.)
I feel that way about Antartica. And the Galapagos, although I admit I'm very tempted to go anyways. Fortunately for the environment, I probably won't be able to afford it!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
I've traveled extensively. I'm sort of surprised by my lack of interest in visiting Germany, given its prominence and history. I've never been. And though I've been to England and France several times, I lack interest in returning any time soon. I've traveled through China and the old USSR, but it's been a very long time since then ... and I'd like to go back once I retire, for extended visits. India's on my list as well. I've enjoyed Turkey (Istanbul) and can see myself exploring the country. I felt comfortable there.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
U.S. because I grew up there, lived there for sixty years and have travelled there.

Australia, and none of the UAE countries who have developed themselves as tourist magnets for the developed world countries.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I probably won't want to visit Australia again. It was pretty mundane. I have relatives over there, thus visiting them back in 99'.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 PM

327 posts, read 644,380 times
No interest in South Korea

Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
There are few countries I have NO interest at all in travelling, but as for first world countries, there are some which pique my interest more than others.

I'd say Sweden, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Belgium, South Korea, Taiwan are countries which are probably cool but they are probably at the bottom of my list of first world countries.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
I missed Switzerland on my European travels, long ago, and that would be my Number 1 choice, but my income level continually restricts me to the countries where I can get the biggest bang for my hard-earned dollars, and I've yet to find any of those countries uninteresting.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 AM

5,058 posts, read 7,499,121 times
[quote=Wwanderer;24792327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

I was basically responding to the Aussie poster who said they had no interest in visiting the US or Canada. So I was being ironic. I'd love to visit Australia. Parts of the UK are some of my favorite places in the world.

I feel that way about Antartica. And the Galapagos, although I admit I'm very tempted to go anyways. Fortunately for the environment, I probably won't be able to afford it!
Ahh but i am entitled to my opinion, im just not interested in holidaying in places where the majority of the population speak english, I forgot to add I dont have any interest in visiting New Zealand either ( though my parents did take me there as a child).

Some people hear have said south korea, and thats why i like the place, its asian, its korean and it has very little western influence in it compared to places like Thailand, I LIKE travelling for days on end withhout seeing a white english speaking person.

Nothing against americans or canadians personally, Ive met lots of wonderfull people from that part of the world, im just not interested in going thats all, and if i did the first place i would go is Quebec.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 06-20-2012 at 05:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel