U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,317 times

Advertisements

Which 1st/highly developed countries do you have no interest in going to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,775,228 times
i have no interest in travelling to any developed country. i find them incredibly boring places.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 PM

16,133 posts, read 20,854,697 times
It's like Mall shopping, they're all the same

Old 06-14-2012, 08:06 PM

38,897 posts, read 20,198,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's like Mall shopping, they're all the same
Uh ... Not really .... I would think many of the first world countries in Europe are different from what we are used to here in the US in terms of culture, architecture, cuisine and language ...

Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 PM

79,023 posts, read 70,880,910 times
France. Portugal. Australia. Wales. Greece. Denmark. Italy, though I hear the north can be nice. Czech Republic and Slovakia, if they count. Hungary.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 AM

3,522 posts, read 5,472,327 times
All of them, except Japan and South Korea.

Having said that ive already being all over europe, and have lived in Both England and Germany, I just have no desire to go back.

The USA and Canada have never really being on my Travel Radar, North America is the only populated continent ive never being to.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 06-15-2012 at 01:30 AM..

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 AM

16,411 posts, read 26,282,342 times
I don't know what you'd consider UAE, maybe second world.. but I have no interest in it. Not a very high interest in France, New Zealand or Australia either. The rest I would like to see, I usually lean towards 3rd world, but I think all countries have something you can learn.

I'd pick Italy over Venezuela any day.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
All of them, except Japan and South Korea.

Having said that ive already being all over europe, and have lived in Both England and Germany, I just have no desire to go back.

The USA and Canada have never really being on my Travel Radar, North America is the only populated continent ive never being to.
There are lots of great things to see and do here in the US but considering that you are in Brisbane, I can understand you not wanting to do the long flight I plan one day to visit Australia but the long flight is what's holding me back as I dunno how I can manage to keep sane on a 14+ hour flight

Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,442,726 times
There's nowhere I am not interested in, speaking broadly. Saying that everything is the same is a really limited viewpoint. The USA alone is vastly different from region to region (and many urban dwellers will agree that it can vary from block to block).

Old 06-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
There's nowhere I am not interested in, speaking broadly. Saying that everything is the same is a really limited viewpoint. The USA alone is vastly different from region to region (and many urban dwellers will agree that it can vary from block to block).
Exactly ... When I have traveled across country, I often feel a sense of culture shock within my own borders as each region as vastly different in terms of architecture, values/philosophy and even cuisine. Although I live within the same country as someone from rural Tennessee, I might find very few things in common because our lifestyles are vastly different but I am open to learning more about them and what makes them tick.

The same applies to other 1st World countries ... Canada may have a few things in common with the US but there are enough differences to motivate me to travel to Toronto in a few short weeks to learn more about our northern neighbors. Once I decide to brave traveling across the Ocean, I want to learn more about the different European countries as my ancestors are from there. Since I'm adopted by a non-European family, I know very little about Europe and the various countries that make up that continent. Europe to me is fascinating because in such relatively small space, you have tons of vastly different cultures, languages, food , architecture, belief systems, etc ... The most "similar" European nation to the US would probably be the UK. Yet, if I were to travel there, I can bet you that I'd feel a strong sense of culture shock ... Even though the US and UK both speak English; the pronunciation, phrases and slang differs a lot!

When it comes to traveling, we all have her preferences but I would not be quick to assume that all 1st world nations are exactly the same ... because they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel