U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM

517 posts, read 357,899 times

Advertisements

Any BTDT on all inclusive resorts in the carribean?? best ones that you can bring 18 month old toddler?? We're thinking of doing 5-6 day gateaway as our combined birthday celebrations (hubby & me) this winter, by then our son will be 18 months old?

Heard about the beaches resort at turks & caico?? any good? other resorts i haven't considered??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,324,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2be1053 View Post
Any BTDT on all inclusive resorts in the carribean?? best ones that you can bring 18 month old toddler?? We're thinking of doing 5-6 day gateaway as our combined birthday celebrations (hubby & me) this winter, by then our son will be 18 months old?

Heard about the beaches resort at turks & caico?? any good? other resorts i haven't considered??
We went to Beaches some years ago. It was pretty good and certainly catered to kids of all ages. I believe they have expanded it since. Don't know if it has got better or worse.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:22 AM

28,487 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2be1053 View Post
We're thinking of doing 5-6 day getaway...
Any BTDT on all inclusive resorts in the carribean?? best ones that you can bring 18 month old toddler??
This is the time to ask Grandmom to keep junior for a few days.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 PM

329 posts, read 793,476 times
When we went to Atlantis last year I saw lots of little kids everywhere. Made me think I should have picked another resort

Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 AM

71,925 posts, read 83,566,150 times
of course Atlantis always comes to mind, but I don't know your budget. It is among the most pricey. The one we loved for small kids that is was FDR in Jamiaca and I am not a fan of Jamacia (spelling) I believe they also have one in St Kitts, but you will have to check that out. The thing we loved was the all day nanny, from about 9am til late afternoon. Check them out, you might be pleasantly surprised.\\ I have to add we went there many years ago, but we really enjoyed it. If it was for an adult vacation, no, too many families but we were with our daughter, son in law and their friends, all with small children including one toddler.

Nita

Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,499,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Nice if you have that option.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,352,482 times
Have you considered doing a cruise instead? Assuming you are still in NJ, you know there are cruises for a limited time out of NYC. This way, you wouldn't have to put the toddler on a plane (yuck!) and they do have babysitting for kids and some go to Bahamas. We just went on this cruise recently and it was heavenly!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
We would if grandma could! as it is, she'll be pushing 84 and cannot even carry my 25 pound son. It's too much for my in-laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course Atlantis always comes to mind, but I don't know your budget. It is among the most pricey. The one we loved for small kids that is was FDR in Jamiaca and I am not a fan of Jamacia (spelling) I believe they also have one in St Kitts, but you will have to check that out. The thing we loved was the all day nanny, from about 9am til late afternoon. Check them out, you might be pleasantly surprised.\\ I have to add we went there many years ago, but we really enjoyed it. If it was for an adult vacation, no, too many families but we were with our daughter, son in law and their friends, all with small children including one toddler.

Nita
Thanks! Just checked it out online, it looks quite old and weary....or it is just that the website info is old and not updated?? but I love the idea of all day nanny!!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Have you considered doing a cruise instead? Assuming you are still in NJ, you know there are cruises for a limited time out of NYC. This way, you wouldn't have to put the toddler on a plane (yuck!) and they do have babysitting for kids and some go to Bahamas. We just went on this cruise recently and it was heavenly!
That was my first suggestion to hubby! he isn't too fond of cruises. I like the idea of it when the kid is older like 3/4th grader kind of vacation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or