U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 11:49 AM

3,491 posts, read 5,681,179 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody what do you all think of Choice Hotels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 PM

9,136 posts, read 17,190,620 times
I like them, Good rating, clean hotels, good staff. Ez-in/out Costs is little over average.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:24 PM

14,276 posts, read 24,050,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
Hi everybody what do you all think of Choice Hotels?
The problem with the Choice Inns and their various brands is that they are inconsistent. Sometimes, you get a really nice room and a lot of great amenities. Other times, well, they are pretty worn.

One warning, most Choice Suites and Quality Suites are not suites in the traditional sense.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:12 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,015,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I like them, Good rating, clean hotels, good staff. Ez-in/out Costs is little over average.
And some might be a tad below average. A couple Choice Hotels I've stayed recently and got my $$$ worth would include the Economy Inn in Flagstaff and the Rodeway Inn in Albuquerque ($32-$35 with coupon) IMO the reason they are a cut below price wise is that they are Route 66 cities, otherwise meaning motels/hotels up the kazoo! On occasion I've stayed at the Quality Inn in Durango, off season rates I found pretty reasonable. Summer rates well,,,, it's Durango!

All the amenities were fine by me. The only time I had a problem was in Flagstaff earlier this year at the Economy. The internet went down and I stayed an extra day against my wishes. But there was good reason for it. The night I stayed a March snowstorm totaling 42 inches descended on the area! Yuck-o!

Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,681,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
And some might be a tad below average. A couple Choice Hotels I've stayed recently and got my $$$ worth would include the Economy Inn in Flagstaff and the Rodeway Inn in Albuquerque ($32-$35 with coupon) IMO the reason they are a cut below price wise is that they are Route 66 cities, otherwise meaning motels/hotels up the kazoo! On occasion I've stayed at the Quality Inn in Durango, off season rates I found pretty reasonable. Summer rates well,,,, it's Durango!

All the amenities were fine by me. The only time I had a problem was in Flagstaff earlier this year at the Economy. The internet went down and I stayed an extra day against my wishes. But there was good reason for it. The night I stayed a March snowstorm totaling 42 inches descended on the area! Yuck-o!
all the quality inns ive seen in Texas have not been real nice like Odessa, Big Spring,Marble Falls, but ive never stayed at one.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 AM

30,348 posts, read 27,852,579 times
I've had some good and some bad luck with Choice Hotels...... however I'm finding that I like the Best Western more. They are usually privately owned and they're not the cookie cutter type rooms that you typically get with Choice.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM

13,784 posts, read 23,838,418 times
We have found the Choice Hotels to be very inconsistent. Before we'll stay in one, we take a look at the comments from past guests on sites like Yelp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel