Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

To stop being a wuss and start flying. I have a fear of flying but nothing that some Xanax and Pinot Grigio can't help I booked my trip to Boston today to see my friend I haven't seen in 5 years. I'm very excited and can't wait but am still nervous, lol. I really want to start traveling and seeing other parts of the country even if it is by myself. I have a room reserved in October for Chicago as well but haven't pulled the trigger on a flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Default Don't do it

I hope you're kidding. Xanax and alcohol together can kill you. Do some research. You might want to try hypnotherapy.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 AM

Omg I'm talking a .5 xanax and a glass. Trust me, I've taken 15mg of valium with a glass of pinot grigio to fly to Las Vegas and it did nothing for me. I doubt this will kill me..

Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,400 times
Go himain!

I flew for the first time when I was around 14, and I was so petrified I burst into tears as soon as I walked onto the plane. The poor flight attendants didn't know what to do My sister had to fly to where I was just so she could fly back with me so I wouldn't be alone.

Now I've been on over 100 flights all over the country and beyond. I LOVE flying!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Omg I'm talking a .5 xanax and a glass. Trust me, I've taken 15mg of valium with a glass of pinot grigio to fly to Las Vegas and it did nothing for me. I doubt this will kill me..
It is not advisable to drink while taking Xanax, but 0.25-0.5 mg tab with a glass of wine is not going to kill you.
Alcohol will increase the effect of most medications used for depression or anxiety. Two standard drinks may make you feel drunker, drowsier and slower than usual. Any more than two standard drinks may make you feel quite drunk. Alcohol also enhances Xanax's ability to cause confusion, greatly impair judgment and produce unusual behavior.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Heads-up
Watching a reality show of people at airports gave me the distinct impression that people who are drunk or acting like they are on drugs usually get denied boarding the plane, so be careful if you are going to try to medicate away your fear of flying.
I also hate the experience of flying and usually budget a bit of extra time and do the trip by car or train..

Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM

Yes I'm aware of the rules and I don't plan on getting retarded just a little buzz. I can handle myself very well even when I'm completely wasted so I'm not worried. I can still carryon a very intelligent normal conversation after a full bottle of wine by myself.

I normally would just drive up there but I can't take that much time off from work..

Old 07-15-2012, 08:32 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
To stop being a wuss and start flying. I have a fear of flying but nothing that some Xanax and Pinot Grigio can't help I booked my trip to Boston today to see my friend I haven't seen in 5 years. I'm very excited and can't wait but am still nervous, lol. I really want to start traveling and seeing other parts of the country even if it is by myself. I have a room reserved in October for Chicago as well but haven't pulled the trigger on a flight.
Will this be the first time flying for you?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:29 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
I love flying....just don't like coach and being crammed into those uncomfortable seats! (and, I'm by no means considered a large person!!) Back in the day, when flying was less like a Greyhound trip, it was most enjoyable! Nowadays, you have to book business or 1st class to get the same experience!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 AM

No I have flown before. When I was younger my mom and I were flying back from the Cayman Islands into Miami on a very small plane and hit some seriously bad weather. We could all hear the pilots saying that they couldn't see in front of them due to the weather so that started everything. Plus with 9/11 and pilots flying drunk, on drugs or overtired it just made it into another ordeal for me...

Don't get me wrong, I have flown before to NYC and LV but I've always had someone with me to hold onto and bury my head in their lap, lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel