U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,822,206 times

Advertisements

It was back to Czech last weekend to the northwest.
I drove inside the Czech border to Bohemian Schweis and the area is simply beautiful with a natural rock bridge and lovely outcroppings of rock and ruins of castles.
I spent the night a very nice campground in Germany (I've stayed there before) and traveled back through Czech.

It's quite a love affair I have with my neighbor to the east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,016,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It was back to Czech last weekend to the northwest.
I drove inside the Czech border to Bohemian Schweis and the area is simply beautiful with a natural rock bridge and lovely outcroppings of rock and ruins of castles.
I spent the night a very nice campground in Germany (I've stayed there before) and traveled back through Czech.

It's quite a love affair I have with my neighbor to the east.
Listen Missy, you have been warned, stop making us feel like travel sloths ! Next warning will be your last, after that Calipoppy and I will descend upon you , kidnap you and force you to take us around and share your adventures. And believe me you don't want this !! I have ways of making your eyes glaze which would make your toes curl with terror...

So next post, I shall expect a really boring tale of how you spent the week-end doing your laundry, cutting the grass and going around the supermarket and then lounged around on your own sofa, in your PJs eating ice cream and watching some mind numbing reality TV show. Anything else and the Furies of Heck will descend upon you ! We simply must nip this in the bud before some posters start to feel life and itself is futile when compared to yours !

Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 AM

I fear not the dreaded Furies of Heck!

For your gloating, I am unable to take a weekend trip as my neighbors have asked me to cat sit.
Already I am suffering trauma at the prospect.

Hence and wherefor art thou Romeo, I am kidnapping a friend on Saturday for an American Brunch in Bayreuth (I want to see the graves of Liszt and his son-in-law, Wagner) followed by a short walk-around in either Bamberg or Coburg.

I shall return dinnertime-ish to care for the cats.

Hateth me not for I am local bound.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,016,442 times
Quote:
I fear not the dreaded Furies of Heck!

For your gloating, I am unable to take a weekend trip as my neighbors have asked me to cat sit.
Already I am suffering trauma at the prospect.

Hence and wherefor art thou Romeo, I am kidnapping a friend on Saturday for an American Brunch in Bayreuth (I want to see the graves of Liszt and his son-in-law, Wagner) followed by a short walk-around in either Bamberg or Coburg.

I shall return dinnertime-ish to care for the cats.

Hateth me not for I am local bound.
I grant you absolution but only this once ! And the trauma of only being able to manage Bayreuth !! I can imagine your distress, it is really quite like being confined to a damp cell in some unsanitary POW camp isn't it ?! All that hideous scenery, those horrible little towns, a complete lack of cultural events... I feel for you, really I do !

' Tis a hard life but someone has to live it, might as well be the Lady with the mostest I suppose ! I give you permission to escape your home bound existence next week-end but no straying too far or the Furies shall avenge themselves.

Say hello to Franz and Richard for me, big fan of both and enjoy Bamberg or Coburg ( love both too). But not too much. Show a little decorum and think of England !

Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,184,300 times
Quote:
I love the San Juan islands by Seattle!
I was there last week whale watching! Lovely summer day, nice and warm.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:14 PM

Sounds great, Jonas!

Last weekend I spent the day at the Jazz and Blues Festival in Bamberg.

This weekend, there's a stadtfest in Dresden.
Looks interesting.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Chielgirl:

I was reading this thread of your travels and thought you'd be interested in joining this free website:

MTP - Most Traveled People

I have an account, and have traveled 48 out of the 50 states, but only a handful of countries, Czech Republic being one of them. That said, this is probably a more appropriate site for you.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM

Thanks, Mike, I'll czech it out!

I've slept in 47 States; missing Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Quote:
Thanks, Mike, I'll czech it out!

I've slept in 47 States; missing Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.
Have not slept in:
Alaska (never been to)
North Dakota (never been to)
Indiana (soon to change)
Iowa
Alabama
Tennessee
Montana
Wisconsin

Slept in all the rest though!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,734,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
I went to northeastern Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro earlier this summer. After I got back I spent a week in Cincinnati for work. In a week I'm headed to Calgary, Canada for several days, and early in August I'm spending a week in Buffalo/Western New York. Quite a few trips within just three months.
What part of Montenegro did you visit? Did you like it? I am going there in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or