U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,811,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
In the past 10 days, I spent a weekend in Des Vosges (Alsace/Lorraine, France);
spent some time in Western Germany;
drove to Belgium for chocolates and pastries (friends wanted the pastries) - day trip!;
drove to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland to spend a few days in the Alps.
Drove home through Lichtenstein and Austria and home again.

How about your travels?
I just got back from a ten day trip. I went to England (London), Belgium (Brussels), France (Paris and Dijon), Italy (Verona and Venice), Switzerland (to see the alps as well at Lake Lucerne), Germany (Rothsburg (sp?)) and Austria. It was a fun experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,258,424 times
We went to St. Marten/St. Martin for 10 days.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 AM

6,475 posts, read 6,186,053 times
Just returned from Dubai and Paris last night.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
We went to St. Marten/St. Martin for 10 days.
Did you find enough to do there to keep you occupied for that long? I love Ste. Martin (not so much the Dutch side) but have found that a few days there is more than enough. I'm not one to lay on a beach for a week though...

Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,827,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I just got back from a ten day trip. I went to England (London), Belgium (Brussels), France (Paris and Dijon), Italy (Verona and Venice), Switzerland (to see the alps as well at Lake Lucerne), Germany (Rothsburg (sp?)) and Austria. It was a fun experience.
Are they done with the construction in Dijon?
Did you get to their museum?
Did you get to the coliseum in Verona?
Rothenberg?
Where in Austria?
I may drive down to Salzburg tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
Off to St Moritz next weekend.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:27 PM

12,054 posts, read 20,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Did you find enough to do there to keep you occupied for that long? I love Ste. Martin (not so much the Dutch side) but have found that a few days there is more than enough. I'm not one to lay on a beach for a week though...
I don't lay on the beach really at all. I am either under a palapa for about 2 hours or I sit by the pool under an umbrella. We do to the Marigot market on Wednesday and Saturday. I visit Laura and Roland Richardson on Thursday. I find a day to visit Tijon. I go to Loterie Farm, the Rasta Farm, walk downtown, and I have always loved the drive around the island. We usually visit Dawn Beach, which unfortunately is not like it used to be, we go to Sunset Beach Bar and watch the planes, and really unfortunately spend some time at Sarafina's and Pineapple Pete's. We are there to relax and that could mean just sitting on our lanai and looking at the boats that are anchored outside. We walk the hills for exercise and like to walk on the beach. There's also the Red Piano. I could easily have stayed another 10 days or more. I love the island even if it is not like it was 20 plus years ago.

Last edited by SXMGirl; 08-24-2012 at 04:36 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM

45 posts, read 61,750 times
Default Here's Where I've been

December and January was spent in Mapua, New Zealand with a two week side trip to The Cook Islands with one of those weeks on the island of Itutaki.

In April it was a trip to Portugal with 5 days spent with friends living in the Agarve area of Portugal.
After spending several days in Lisbon we boarded the Silversea ship for 10 days ending the cruise in Monte Carlo with stops along the way at Malaga, Cadiz,Palma de Mallorca, Ajaccio, Nice.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 AM

157 posts, read 138,569 times
in 2012:
May - Naples, Italy (All Inside: Naples can't leave you indifferent....), then September - Paris (All Inside: I love Paris!!!!!!!), and November - Lugano, Switzerland (All Inside: Unruffled Lugano (Switzerland))

Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM

233 posts, read 209,333 times
Just got back from a great week in Maui

Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,827,559 times
I flew to Milan last weekend.
Was in France the week before (cats out of catfood).
Before that I spent 6 weeks in Thailand.

This weekend, either Prague or Seiffen (near Dresden).
Seiffen is where the wooden christmas smokers and nutcrackers, etc are carved.

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-20-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or