Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times

Advertisements

I hope you get it all sorted out. Bags are unfortunately left on the ramp and in the rain often, I'm not sure what the company policy is on that sort of damage.

Good luck and have patience with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM

809 posts, read 1,331,065 times
Wheels up:
Let me clear something up first- I wrote this as tho I was the passenger, but actually my son was- but I paid for the ticket and I am trying to find out the answers. Apparently wherever you were looking up flights the info is incorrect.

The info I provided is correct within 5 minutes.

When he was on the plane waiting to take off from Charlotte he called me and said they didn't really give any info. I checked the flight status on USair but it was incorrect. I called USair and spoke to customer service. I was given the following info. "It took off at 6:39PM." I asked the cust service person what time it was. She said 8:10. I told her the plane did not take off it was still sitting on the runway. Her response was "Oh."

I did not embellish the story. I asked for suggestions.

As an update. My son sent an email when he arrived home last night at midnight. He included pictures as well. He asked them to call him today, but he did not hear from them. He resent the info again tonight.

Thanks to all who had helpful suggestions!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,396 times
As a former airline baggage service employee, I think you've done the right thing by emailing the airline's Corporate office. Now, I can't say for certain what they will do for you, as different airlines have different policies they go by to handle situations like this. Chances are you'll be sent vouchers for X amount of dollars off of a future flight with that airline. I don't know, but would be interested in finding out, what they do about the wet textbooks. As far as the wet clothes (and I know it was certainly an inconvenience) you'll get an apology. Wet clothes can be laundered and unless some damage was caused by the water that will be it on the clothes. If they came to our baggage office at an airport, I would have apologized and given travel vouchers as well to use on a future flight...to show we are sincerely sorry it happened. Also I would have given a business card with email information for the appropriate Corporate office, because they are often able to do more than we would have been able to do at the airport baggage office. It has been four years since my job with an airline baggage office, so policies/remedies they offer may have changed. I personally cared about our passengers and tried to resolve each situation to the satisfaction of the passenger, though that wasn't always possible. And that is where also contacting the Corporate office comes into play. Good luck and let us know what happened.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupmom View Post
Wheels up:
Let me clear something up first- I wrote this as tho I was the passenger, but actually my son was- but I paid for the ticket and I am trying to find out the answers. Apparently wherever you were looking up flights the info is incorrect.

The info I provided is correct within 5 minutes.

When he was on the plane waiting to take off from Charlotte he called me and said they didn't really give any info. I checked the flight status on USair but it was incorrect. I called USair and spoke to customer service. I was given the following info. "It took off at 6:39PM." I asked the cust service person what time it was. She said 8:10. I told her the plane did not take off it was still sitting on the runway. Her response was "Oh."

I did not embellish the story. I asked for suggestions.

As an update. My son sent an email when he arrived home last night at midnight. He included pictures as well. He asked them to call him today, but he did not hear from them. He resent the info again tonight.

Thanks to all who had helpful suggestions!
At 8:10 eastern it was at 5000 ft on its way out of charlotte...perhaps you were in a different time zone?

My point is get your story accurate, people are MUCH more able to help people who give an accurate story vs an embellished one. If someone is embellishing about something as simple as times, how can you trust what they say about other things? That is my suggestion...and you're welcome .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel