U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,471,196 times

Advertisements

Now, it is not just airport baggage handlers who are crooks, but the TSA, itself.

Sen. Chuck Schumer TSA screening theft undercover airport stings - NYPOST.com

Senator Chuck Schumer of New York is proposing stings to weed thieves out of the TSA.

The TSA said 11 of its officer were fired during the last year.
. . . between May 2003 and December 2011, 381 TSA agents were terminated for theft.

My thought is that these crooks will just go on to steal in their next jobs. They should be made an example of, to stop them, they should have a conviction on their records.

It was suggested that all expensive electronics should be in your carry on and not in your checked baggage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 AM

5,002 posts, read 4,249,167 times
In the summer we went on a cruise and were going back on the ship. I have an iphone with an otter case. The case has to be physically taken off the phone ; it just dosnt fall off at all.

After going through security, my phone appeared with the case off. The case was absolutely nowhere to be found ; not under the security machine, nowhere. I know its a stupid thing, a simple $30 case, but still!!! There was no way it just came off and disappeared.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,324,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
In the summer we went on a cruise and were going back on the ship. I have an iphone with an otter case. The case has to be physically taken off the phone ; it just dosnt fall off at all.

After going through security, my phone appeared with the case off. The case was absolutely nowhere to be found ; not under the security machine, nowhere. I know its a stupid thing, a simple $30 case, but still!!! There was no way it just came off and disappeared.
Since when do the TSA do ship security?

Where were you when the Iphone was going through the machine?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM

5,002 posts, read 4,249,167 times
walking thru the security machine ; I was right there as was my dh and two teenagers. Just saying that it is not just tsa that take things.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,537 posts, read 39,914,033 times
I have see the TSA take plenty of stuff, and 'draw straws' over confiscated cans of drinks, and pocket knives / cosmetic scissors. I Confronted a TSA supervisor about this practice, and I was seriously repremanded and unduly detained;as the supervisor supported this behavior (in DEN). I was not impressed...

Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Since when do the TSA do ship security?

Where were you when the Iphone was going through the machine?
If you notice, the original post mentioned baggage handlers as crooks, too. This thread is about security inspectors as thieves.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I have see the TSA take plenty of stuff, and 'draw straws' over confiscated cans of drinks, and pocket knives / cosmetic scissors. I Confronted a TSA supervisor about this practice, and I was seriously repremanded and unduly detained;as the supervisor supported this behavior (in DEN). I was not impressed...
You could keep a diary of dates, times, people, and if you ever go to another job, give it to the police. Right now they might address the issue because it is being brought into public attention.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:38 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,324,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If you notice, the original post mentioned baggage handlers as crooks, too. This thread is about security inspectors as thieves.
From your OP ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Now, it is not just airport baggage handlers who are crooks, but the TSA, itself.
One might be forgiven for thinking that the thread was about the TSA as thieves. Perhaps you should have been clearer in your OP.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM

5,013 posts, read 5,924,647 times
This is what happens who you pay TSA agents $10-$12/hr. This job should be handled by professional licensed security or by actual police.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
This is what happens who you pay TSA agents $10-$12/hr. This job should be handled by professional licensed security or by actual police.
Is that just starting salary, or what the majority are paid, I wonder?
No matter how meager the salary, being employed is better than not.
So, they decide to supplement their salary by theft?
I really hope these thieves are just fired and not given a second chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or