U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:27 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,620,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I know it is not easy but some people seem to think they have a constitutionally protected right to travel without submitting to security regulations. This is not nearly the same thing as walking down the streets and being randomly stopped for a search by a government official.
I'm not saying I have the right to travel without security, however I am saying that security can be performed without irradiating people or subjecting them to random invasive searches. There is no reason to have "random" searches. Physical searches should be performed only when there is a specific and relevant reason, not because someone is #27 in line that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,811,302 times
Airport's scanners are put to the test; No invasion of privacy with new Stansted security

Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,033,960 times
I would have no problem with a scanner if it was truly safe(ie, no radiation no matter how little) and it was also just the Gumby/Gingerbread image. The problem is these scanners don't work. The TSA's own stats show that. They end up still patting down an extremely high number of people to "resolve" suspected hits from the scanner. Worse yet, the TSOs often giving people a full rub down when the hit is on one specific part of the body. That is what irritates me the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or