Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,750,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Don't tell me this guys! I'm in California & I LOVE to shop. I've been wanting to make a tiny trip out of going to the MoA for years & still haven't had a chance to do it yet. I'm talking just about a 3-4 day trip to scope out this mall & do whatever other interesting things I can find. Plus, it doesn't hurt that there's no sales tax to shop at the mall.

OK, I understand that some of you say it's "just" a mall with the same old stores, but there must be more of some different stores that my state doesn't have to make that mall that much larger OR is it only huge because there's a few of the same stores throughout the mall, like 3 Express stores, 3 H&M stores, etc.
Same stores, nothing different. Here is the directory so you can see for yourself: Directory + Map - Mall of America

I say same stores, but it depends where you live of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,931,227 times
[quote=oregonwoodsmoke;27106841]If it is something that you want to see, then go. There must be some other things in the area to see and do to make a combined trip. Vacation should be something you want to do, not something that your friends and acquaintances think is sophisticated. It's for you, not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
A mall as a tourist destination, ie a vacation spot
shopping as a recreational activity.

Actually, it appears to me that shopping is what tourists do. Tourist destinations are full of little gift shops that are full of tourists. Whenever I have guests, they spend a couple of days shopping (which might have something to do with no sales tax in Oregon)
I couldn't disagree more.

I just spent three weeks in Europe and I'd say I spent maybe two hours of those three weeks "shopping."

Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,146,736 times
I'm not sure if you did it or not but the quote you are using is not even close to what I said. There seems to be a bit added to the quote you are using .
The exact quote you are trying to cite says.

To see for yourself just click on the little arrow after my handle/name

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
A mall as a tourist destination, ie a vacation spot
shopping as a recreational activity.

Not for me.
But there are all kinds.

Have fun walking around a big store.

I bet Paris doesn't have the same chain stores we have, so if you are from the states why would you travel to see a store that can be found so much closer to where you live, there all the same. There is nothing unique about the MOA. The MOA just a big conglomerate of chain stores
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel